Home Metal Detecting

Variety of Common Stuff

I could not resist the temptation and I went back to the same lot where I found the Barber quarter. As I was hitting along the fence I got a decent signal. It was a 1914 cent. Man, oh, man. I was praying please please show me the D but there was no D to be seen. In a state of denial, I was scrubbing and scrubbing maybe with a little of magic who knows...

Walking around a tree there came another good signal. It turned up another cent. Thinking it was just another Wheatie but hey, it's another IHC for me, a 1907, second 1907 found.

I spent the next 30 minutes or so without a solid signal until another penny-like signal came. Under a huge root about 7 inches down my pinpointer vibrated at the bottom of the hole. I picked up the 1912 cent but the observe looked strangely clean...Ah hah, this has got to be a pocket spill. Yessir, my pinpointer vibrated again. I scooped out the dirt; it's a 1911 V nickel. There was no silver found but this haul will have to do for now. Until next time...Happy Hunting!

Comments

• Great finds! image.......A V nickel to boot!.
  • marymmarym Posts: 713
    Those are excellant finds HK! I finally got myself out for a little bit this afternoon. It turned out to be dime-day, found 5 Ike's image
    Be Still and Know
  • Nice work and nice finds!

I've read of several relic hunters in Wisconsin finding old "Copper Culture" indian artifacts. Have you ever dug any? I'm always hoping to find one here, but they are rare this far south.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Those are sweet! I really like the green penny. It's too hot and dry for me to MD now, so I'm maintaining interest by looking at everyone else's finds. I can't wait for fall when it cools off and starts raining again. Later
  • Thanks guys for the comments.

Goldrush,

I know there were guys here who used to find Indian artifacts in one of the biggest parks around here while digging for metal objects, mostly arrowheads. I have yet to find any Indian artifacts.

The green penny is one of my best IHC's I have ever found, Silversanta. Surprisingly the other one is also 1907 and was given away.

I was also able to salvage the weekend with a silver piece, a 1946 Rosie.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharp IHC, there.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.