Home Sports Talk
Options

POLL: Will the 2006 Colts be the best team ever?

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
Based on everyone's prognostications here, it looks like the 2006 Colts very well may be the best team in the NFL's existence. Explain why...

Comments

• Options
    lol, not without Edge. His running, recieving, and most of all his blocking skills will be missed sorely by Indy this season. For those that don't think Edge is a huge loss, start following the NFL. I don't care how good Rhodes was the season Edge went down, or how good Addai could be in the future; winning is about NOW. Right now, Rhodes and Addai aren't equal to a gimp Edge. Luckily, he's not a gimp and has come back from the knee/leg injuries. Most ppl forget he's only 28.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    As long as Dungy is on the sideline, this team will never win a ring!

JS
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I love this. My wife is a huge Colts fan (originally from Indy) as are a couple of our friends. They worship Pumpkinhead Manning like he is a god and can do no wrong. They absolutely refuse to believe that Edge leaving will have no impact on the team. They were all even dumb enough to bet me a keg of beer that the Colts will win the Superbowl.

Who wants to come over and help me drink my keg in early January?

Travis
  • Options
    I'll be there - I'm just down the road!!!!
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I didnt vote because I do not think the 2006 Colts will be the best team ever. I dont think they will be the best team of 2006 either.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I dont know why anyone would tout them as the best ever. Pretty silly thread if you ask me, I meen the loss of EDGE downgrades them so I think the '05 team will prove after this season that they were better then.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A QB that has won numerous college and pro titles >>

Huh?!?

You are joking, right?

As long as Manning is under center, they will never win the big game.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    The last two guys on here need to get real. You think this is a pro-Manning topic? Look at my friggin' icon!!! I was being facetious because everyone's predictions have the Colts winning it. I can't STAND Peyton Manning and his 101 dorky faces...
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your right. I know you personally very well and should have known by your tone that you were being facetious!

No big deal. Hey off topic but whats up with Willie Parker? Will he be a stud this year??? (I'm being serious)
  • Options
    For future references, I'm usually VERY facetious with the following teams:

Colts
    Ravens
    Pats (when they lowball a SB MVP and are continually being praised as the 'model' franchise)

Anyway, I seriously think Duce (if he can stay healthy) will really eat into FWP's (Fast Willie Parker) production...
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Not even the best team within 115 miles of me.