Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1977 Sportscaster cards

Will PSA grade these ?
"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
-- Yogi Berra

Comments

• beach64beach64 Posts: 218 ✭✭
    I thought I had read that they would grade these with the new holders they are making. That set is a killer to complete. Just when you think you have a shot you are looking for some obscure cyclist or runner.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    They will now. $15/card
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • I also thought these were cool cards to collect, especially the boxers. The photography on the vintage boxers like Johnson/Dempsey/Jeffries is really good imo. I know the boxers on e-bay are very affordable to collect.
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>They will now. $15/card >>

Thanks for the confirmation MS. You can always be counted on for getting the skinny on things !

I came across a Thurman Munson on a site I was browsing and didnt want to pull the trigger on buying till I was certain they would slab it.
    -- Yogi Berra

• RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    The original commercial.....what a hoot! SportsCollectorsDaily.com

<< <i>The original commercial.....what a hoot! SportsCollectorsDaily.com >>

Thanks for the link Ripken, great stuff !
    -- Yogi Berra

• << <i>The original commercial.....what a hoot! 2">SportsCollectorsDaily.com >>

Thanks for the link Ripken, great stuff !

I'll second that!! tremendous Link, great sports & rock N roll
  • "Boy, what an upset!" ... click, and the TV goes off. There may have been a flag on the play, but dad and junior would never know, 'cuz dad turned off the set the very second the ball was caught. I would be like, "Turn the TV back on, you wacko!"
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

Hi Marc,

Does that 15$ per also hold for the 1980's Topps Supers?
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Hi Marc,

Does that 15$ per also hold for the 1980's Topps Supers? >>

Yup - also for some of the oversized Topps/Donruss cards from the 1980s [the 5x7 cards]
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • It's Dr Beeper from Caddyshack!!!
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • is there a source for priing on the sportscasters other than completed eBay auctions?
    Looking for additions or upgrades to my Graig Nettles master player set on the registry.
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    Dr. Beeper from Caddyshack. I knew I recognized that guy.

Testing 1-2-3 ---- Hold on my calls --- "just stick a tube down her throat"
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
    Question....

When submitting these cards, or other oversize such as the 75 puzzle backs, how do you holder them for submission ? I have a few of the 75 puzzle backs I want to grade, and right now they are sitting in oversized top loaders. Are there card savers big enough to fit them ? Any help would be great, thanks.
    -- Yogi Berra

• ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Funny older commercial, but did anyone watch the "rip and pull" series of videos? A guy rippin' packs of cards. Good stuff.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • beach64beach64 Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Arny
    I saw that. He has the mentality of a 10 year old kid. Did you notice he didnt mention one card that was not an insert.
  • ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Exactly.

I then started watching some guy that names himself the "doctor" and he's almost always playing "Sweet Home Alabama" in the background as they do some box breaks. There was a 1/1 Ruth & Dimaggio pull from a big portraits Topps product. Don't know if it was staged or not, but it was a cool item!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards

<< <i>Exactly.

I then started watching some guy that names himself the "doctor" and he's almost always playing "Sweet Home Alabama" in the background as they do some box breaks. There was a 1/1 Ruth & Dimaggio pull from a big portraits Topps product. Don't know if it was staged or not, but it was a cool item! >>

If that wasnt staged it was an amazing pull to capture live on video. Anyone know how much that product goes for ?
    -- Yogi Berra

I have a few of these to submit....does anyone know if they will fit in card saver IV's ? If not, what is best to submit them in ?

Also, regarding the card saver IV's, are these the right ones for the oversized 80's cards like Donruss all stars ?
    -- Yogi Berra

• aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Sportscasters do not fit in card saver IV's. I found some bigger holders but I am not certain where you can buy them.

<< <i>Sportscasters do not fit in card saver IV's. I found some bigger holders but I am not certain where you can buy them. >>

Do you remember off what hand what the holders are called ?
    -- Yogi Berra

• I think those will fit in 6 X 9 top loaders. I have gotten CS 4's and 6 X 9's from columbiasportscards on EBay. They have the best prices I have found. Somebody on the boards refered me to them and I have bought a bunch of stuff.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

<< <i>I think those will fit in 6 X 9 top loaders. I have gotten CS 4's and 6 X 9's from columbiasportscards on EBay. They have the best prices I have found. Somebody on the boards refered me to them and I have bought a bunch of stuff.

Red >>

Yeah I use columbiasportscards also. I have a couple of those large toploaders, but figured there may be something more similar to card savers since PSA prefers them for submission.
    -- Yogi Berra