Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

1990 NO S LINCOLN HERITAGE SALES

The Heritage sale at Denver included TWO 1990 no S Lincoln cent PROOF coins that are needed for the complete set registry. Lot #442, a PCGS PR67DCAM with 11 bidders went for $6,900. Lot #443, a PCGS PR68DCAM with 10 bidders went for $8,625, both with the juice. Seems to me that this variety continues to hold its price level. My opinion is if you intend to own this coin, buy it at current levels now (if you can afford it) or you will probably be paying more in the future. Thanks Doug for reminding me that these two were just sold.
Steveimage

Comments

• DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think those are good prices for the coins too!
    Doug
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I bought my example a number of years ago. I hope the prices continue to escalate. There seems to be enough examples hitting the market to keep the pricing up, but not too many to drive pricing down.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Checked the PCGS & NGC POP reports. 73 graded at PCGS and 16 graded at NGC for a total of 89. Seems to me that PCGS had a big increase of 10 or 15 about a year ago, but then sat on 72 for almost a year. NGC seems to have added about 10 this year. I wonder how many of these are resubmissions? I still maintain that there are less than 200 in existence. If anyone still has one in a US Mint proof set, they would be very wise to get it slabbed real quick. They do lose value if they get damaged in the mint holder which is not air tight. Steveimage
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I remember the ones that were auctioned a few months ago that had corroded so badly. What a shame.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    i got mine when there was only 29 in the pops for all servicesimage