Home Sports Talk
Options

College Football can't wait...

First two weeks are gonna be huge...

Ohio State Vs Texas week 2

and of course Miami vs FSU

Always love watching the kicker choke away the game for FSU and seeing joe going and hiding under his bed!

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love the Eagles, for me there is nothing better than Penn State Football. Penn State had a helluva satisfying season last year which will be difficult to duplicate, but we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    FSU will pick up where they left off last year.....beating a "team that should of been in the Championship game" for three and a half
    quarters. The only team that has the balls to play Miami first game of the season is FSU, the rest of you pansies need a tune up
    game against old standbys like Hawaii A&T or North Dunsford Southern. You can thank us for a real game to watch during the
    first week.

It will be VERY fun watching USC get PUNKED this year, cause they lost their whole team to the NFL. It will also be nice watching Florida
    go 5-5 with the very capable and over rated and over paid Urban Meyer. Hey if you can do it in Utah and you can do it in the SEC right...

WRONG!!!

The Noles might have one trip up this year, but I think 11-1 will be good enough to get to the big dance!

JS
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    So if the noles are so tough, why were they playing a Div 1-AA team last year, and were barely winning at halftime?

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not paid much attention to college ball since I was in high school in the mid to late 80's when Nebraska was great ...... it is just not a big deal on a large scale from my immediate area.

I do understand how BIG it is in other places though. image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    College Football......quite possibly THE best sport in existence.image
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Big year needed for Lloyd Carr at Michigan. If the team struggles again this year, Michigan will likely be looking for a new coach after the season. Hope Carr finally realizes that there's more than 10 offensive plays in the playbook. Second week will be the measuring stick, as it usually has been in the past with Michigan and ND. If their defense doesn't improve, they're SOL.
  • Options

<< <i> FSU will pick up where they left off last year.....beating a "team that should of been in the Championship game" for three and a half quarters >>

Too bad for F$U a game lasts 4 quarters.image

<< <i>The only team that has the balls to play Miami first game of the season is FSU, the rest of you pansies need a tune up >>

It's a conference game. The conference sets the schdule for conference games, so neither team has a say in when the game is played. Everybody knows that the ACC has this game scheduled as an opener so the loser has a chance climb back up in the polls. Why don't you ask the ACC why they haven't put Va Tech on the schedule yet.

<< <i>It will also be nice watching Florida go 5-5 with the very capable and over rated and over paid Urban Meyer. Hey if you can do it in Utah and you can do it in the SEC right... >>

2005: Urban's Gators went 9-3 in his first season. Saint Booby went 8-5 in his 127th season, including a 34-7 thumping at the Swamp. We play a brutal schedule this year, which includes Tenn, Auburn, LSU, Bama, Georgia, SoCar, and F$U, so I'm pretty sure we won't be in the NC, but I'm positive we won't go 5-5, especially since we play 12 regular season games.

You're funny, in a helpless kind of way.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ND will be tough... that is one game Michigan may not win.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.