Home Sports Talk

Official Bolts are going to the Bowl thread

wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Phillip Rivers be da man!

Also, the # 1 rated D against the run is beginning to jell against the pass as well.
Okay, so it's only been one preseason game against the GB Slackers and a washed up Favre.

Hope springs eternal this time of year ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"

Comments

• kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    You'll be rated #1 against the run until LJ puts up 350 yards & 5 TD's against you
    Travis

• << <i>Phillip Rivers be da man!

Also, the # 1 rated D against the run is beginning to jell against the pass as well.
    Okay, so it's only been one preseason game against the GB Slackers and a washed up Favre.

Hope springs eternal this time of year ... image >>

I look for the Lions in the super bowl this year. image
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I know that lightning never strikes the same place twice, and right now that place is the super bowl, but has it even hit once?

Letting Brees go was like slamming the window shut and bolting it closed! What a waste of a good back.

JS
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Letting Brees go was like slamming the window shut and bolting it closed! What a waste of a good back >>

Kevin, they really had to make a decision about what to do with Rivers, alot of cash for him to be a back up. Letting him watch for a season was a good decision and who knows how Brees will be after destroying his shoulder. Either way they have a much better team than the Yucs...image
  • Vincent Jackson is a man beast, My investment in him will pay off. Kid is a monster and will be rivers go to guy IMO. Already locked up 3 games this year for chargers.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Time to put this thread back to da top! image

Pix of 'My Kids'

• nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Rivers will come out on top over Big Ben, and Sheli Manning. Rivers will take this league by storm.
    Bolts look good

imageimageimageimageimage

These guys are gonna give me a heart attack ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LT is the best player in the NFL right now. He is absolutely unstoppable.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been wonderin' where you were Paul! imageimage

Steve
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    What's up with SD?

I can't imagine their luck in falling so far behind in games then coming back will always work - that being said LT has been on an absolute tear, and Marty seems determined to get his guy the single season TD record. Rivers has looked very good, and his watching for 2 years behind Brees has certainly paid off.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Just say no to mindless asskissers like stown and wp.

I see you are back and ready to start anew. I'll pass. I just hope you can do as your stupid sigline says.

I doubt it though.

Steve
    Good for you.

Pix of 'My Kids'

• vincent jackson is starting to come around as well! Hes been getting the start recently..

<< <i>vincent jackson is starting to come around as well! Hes been getting the start recently.. >>

Vincent 'freaking' Jackson - 6 foot 5 inches of incredible hands, leaping ability, and speed!

Who dat gonna' cover this monster once he becomes a regular part of the offense?

Pix of 'My Kids'

The Bolts are the best team in the league and I see no reason for them to win it all this year.
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Marty has a long track record of amazing regular season teams that choke big time in the playoffs. I won't believe he can do it until I see it. That said, I hope I do see it, this year.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...

<< <i>Marty has a long track record of amazing regular season teams that choke big time in the playoffs. I won't believe he can do it until I see it. That said, I hope I do see it, this year.

Joe >>

HMMMMMM IE: Cleveland Browns ring a bell
  • kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Marty has a long track record of amazing regular season teams that choke big time in the playoffs. I won't believe he can do it until I see it. That said, I hope I do see it, this year.

Joe >>

HMMMMMM IE: Cleveland Browns ring a bell >>

Let's not forget multiple Chiefs teams in the 90's. Twice in 3 years with home field advantage and losing the first game.
    Travis
    Good point, I just cannot forget that tuff loss he endured to Denver in 1986 or '87, that was a classic.
  • Espn had that game on yesterday. Bernie Kosar actually looked decent
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage

Dudes ... try to get over s**t that happened years ago.

Who give a c**p what Marty's teams used to do?
    NOW is NOW! He's never had this many wepons before.

Sorry if your team isn't good enough to get to the big game this year.

Don't blame Marty ... he's just along for the ride ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chargers are stacked, but hard to ignore Marty's record of futility in the playoffs. A few years ago, he had a KC team that dominated all season, clinched home field throughout the playoffs in like Week 12, then got bounced in the first round. Guess we'll see what happens this time.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I say nothing stops the SUPER CHARGERS!!! Unless ofcourse Marty wants to keep giving LT goal line carries late in the game during a sure win, obviously he has not watched Friday Night Lights. Not to wish injury on anyone but I will laugh if LT gets hurt getting a third or fourth TD with a physical goal line carry with only a few minutes left in an already won game. If that happens Marty would get run out of SD on a rail....Idiot.