Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Waco,Texas "JMV Coin and Currency Show" Saturday August 5,2006

Apologies to those who went to our shows last weekend, Due to a serious family emergency both shows were cancelled. But at last report the world is still here and the sun has not exploded because of those shows cancellations.

Having said that please check out the next

Waco,Texas
"JMV Coin and Currency Show"
Saturday August 5,2006

Clarion Inn
801 S. 4th street
(IH -35 at 4th street exit 335A)

Hours:10am-4pm Admission: $2.00
Early Buyer Hour (9am -10am) Admission:$5.00

Win a $100.00 shopping spree at 3:30pm

Dealer Tables:$75.00 each

For more info contact:
JMV Entertainment
Po Box 151
Temple,Tx 76503
(254) 760 - 8682
info@jmventertainment.com
www.jmventertainment.com
Looking for the best collectibles shows in Texas ? Go to http://www.jmventertainment.com

Comments

• Options
    Well despite the 105 degree weather outside and another coin show in Houston the same weekend the show was ok. There was 5 dealers and 68 collectors in attendance.Most collectors were pleased with what the dealers had to offer and were especially pleased with the one on one attention they recieved from dealers.

What was really disappointing was the absence of certain members of the Texas Numismatic Association which is supposed to be the leader in promoting the numismatic hobby in Texas.

The President of the T.N.A,The treasurer of the T.N.A,and the local District govenor who all live in the Waco area were not there to support the hobby much less a small local coin show.

Perhaps it time to elect new TNA officers who want to support the hobby by coming out to the smaller shows and not just the big 200 - 300 table shows .

Anyway the next Waco ,Texas "JMV Coin and Currency Show" will be Saturday November 4,2006.
    Looking for the best collectibles shows in Texas ? Go to http://www.jmventertainment.com
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 tables? Why bother then. I can understand the comment about the 200 table shows, but at least 20 to 30 make it worthwhile. Just my opinion...
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>5 tables? Why bother then. I can understand the comment about the 200 table shows, but at least 20 to 30 make it worthwhile. Just my opinion... >>

Why bother? I went to a small club show once where there were only three dealers who were club members selling coins from their collection. I bought two nice US gold coins including one from the New Orleans mint. I've been to some fairly large shows and came away empty handed.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Well it was 5 dealers not 5 tables.One dealer had paid for 4 tables,2 dealers had 3 paid tables each,one dealer paid for 2 tables and one dealer had only one table.That brings the total 13 tables sold and 7 unsold.

The unsold tables were given free of charge to the dealers to spread out to give the room a filled apperance of 20 tables. Not bad for a local one day show in Central Texas.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file