Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay Question - Retrieving Expired Item Numbers

Hi all,

Is it possible to find an auction or item number and information (seller id, transaction amount, etc.) if the auction ended over a year ago?

I purchased a supposed 'sealed' case of 1989 Score Football sets. I stored them away until last week when I pulled a few to submit to PSA for grading. Surprise! The cards were all there, however, the boxes had been search.... no doubt about it.

If anyone can help, I'd like to verify and contact the seller that I purchased the case from.

Thanks,
Danny
Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989

Comments

• Options
    Thank you FDNY!

I found it!

1989 Score Factory Sealed Case

Regards,
    Danny
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you use that for expired item numbers? I was already familiar with Toolhaus and I don't think it can be done - but please anyone correct me if I'm wrong...I hope I am...I would like to be able to do that.

If not Toolhaus are there any other ways? I doubt it.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Did you folks notice who the under-bidder was on the
    case that is the subject of this thread?

storm image
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say searched, please elaborate. do you mean the stars cards were pulled and replace? Someone looked through them,but left eveything intacted? Were the stars of the same quality as the rest or look as they've been handled?
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Looking at Ebay you can search many months back without the Hyperlink. Never know you could do that.

As for the case, do you really think he searched the entire case? 100% feedback. I doubt it. I have bought from him in the past and never had a problem
  • Options
    I've opened 3 of the 24 sets. The Aikman, Sanders and other key cards were not in numerical order and some were in backwards. Of course, upon examination of these cards, they were off-center or dinged. If someone only searched theses 3 sets and the rest turn up to be "unserached", I would be surprised. Nevertheless, the auction stated "factory sealed". This was not an honest deal even if it were a few boxes that were searched. Period.

When I have time, I will bust the remaining sets since it would be very unethical to sell the remaining stock as single sets. As far as getting any Aikman and Sanders PSA 9 or 10s...... not going to happen.

Danny
  • Options
    By the way,

I found the auction with my PayPal records but kept the other search process for future use.

Thanks again,

Danny
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    I do not believe that 1989 Score Football factory sets were really "sealed" they were just in a box. I bought mine from a cardshop back in 1989 and it does not contain any shrinkwrap, cellophane or anything else.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    King,

That is true. The individual sets/boxes do not have plastic wrap or any fastener. I do think in 1989, that Score shipped their cases "sealed" from the factory per the item description. The word "sealed" implies that the sets are "unsearched".
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    I don't discount what he was saying about the case and/or sets being searched. Since the sets did not have a seal, it would have been rather easy to search them.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Yes, and that's why this purchase was a gamble. He has awesome feedback so maybe it was an honest mistake. My appeal to the auction was the fact that the sets had not been opened. Unfortunately, the case could have been sold around a few times which makes it impossible to know the history.
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I dont get it...that auction ended December 2005...how did you get it to come up????
  • Options
    Hi Cuda,

I searched my PayPal records for the last year. There was a reference# (item#) with the transaction $. I pluggged the number in the "search for items" under realted links on "my ebay" page (bottom left corner). Presto!
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Cuda,

I searched my PayPal records for the last year. There was a reference# (item#) with the transaction $. I pluggged the number in the "search for items" under realted links on "my ebay" page (bottom left corner). Presto! >>

Well then that certainly didn't have anything to do with Toolhaus.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Cuda,

I searched my PayPal records for the last year. There was a reference# (item#) with the transaction $. I pluggged the number in the "search for items" under realted links on "my ebay" page (bottom left corner). Presto! >>

Well then that certainly didn't have anything to do with Toolhaus. >>

Besides, I already keep records of my transactions. I would be interested in sometimes seeing other ebay "expired" transactions to know what things sold for and to help decipher the credibility of a particular seller. I don't think this exists or we would have heard about it by now. I imagine though that ebay probably has these records available in their supercomputer, and one day might offer this service for a fee.
  • Options
    After finding the item number, I used it with Toolhaus to find the auction information and later, I figured out that you can use Ebay... either way, it works as long as you have the item number.