Home Metal Detecting
Options

July took a turn for the better.

Spent an hour in the park with almost nothing to show for my efforts. I was wishing for one good find before I called it quits when I got a good signal, about 4 inches.....My first triple silver hole!
1951D quarter,1943 Merc and a 1944P War nickel.
The small chain came the next day. Looks Gold but is marked 925 Itally. I'll take it.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! You gotta love those.

Seems like I always get a nickel when I get a multisilver hit. But not a war nickel. The first time it happened to me it was a pair of 1944 quarters, a 1941 nickel, and a 1942 Wheatie in the same hole. The next time it it was... no, wait- that wasn't multisilver- it was just a Merc and a Buffalo in the same hole. Then last spring I got those three Mercs, two silver Roosies, and a '41 nickel in the same hole.

I can probably still count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have gotten multiple silver hits in the same hole. WTG!

(I'm still waiting for the one where a couple of early Seated dimes come out, followed by a Bust dime, and then maybe a 3-cent piece...)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    This is my second multi silver hole this year. Before this my best was a Merc and a nodate Buff in the same hole.
  • Options
    Nice multi-silver hole! WTG!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ManMan Posts: 1,002
    The nickel is great you don't see war nickels survive that well in the wild.

The dime is also brilliant.
  • Options
    Awesome Doc,you don't see to many of those.

I only got one hole where 2 merc's came out.HH,Tom
  • Options
    NIce 2 wheaties in a hole is the best I have.
  • Options
    Very nice! It's always sweet to swing over the hole and again and again you there is still something else down there.

My best multi coin hole contained 3 cents and a nickel. I have never dug a multi silver hole (yet).

<< <i>I'm still waiting for the one where a couple of early Seated dimes come out, followed by a Bust dime, and then maybe a 3-cent piece... >>

Yeh, me too. Two of each wouldn't hurt.
  • Options
    Excellent work!

I've only had 2 Merc. dimes come out of one hole.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Excellent finds! Silver is always a winner!