Home U.S. Coin Forum

Check out this sweet AT job on TT....

I just wish these anacs AT proofs were more affordable!! image
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure ANACS got that one right.

Russ, NCNE
  • LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    95 dollars? image

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Very Nice AT
  • JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would someone want that ????
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    That's a clad coin and it looks NT to me. It's a dip job that didn't rinse completely off, and the coin toned from it. Those are quite nice in hand.
  • MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    why would someone want that ????

I've seen quite a few anacs graded AT proofs (mostly ike's) on TT that I wouldn't mind having- the colors are incredibly well done, and I would appreciate them for just being "pretty" coins.....
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's a clad coin and it looks NT to me. It's a dip job that didn't rinse completely off, and the coin toned from it. >>

Not necessarily even a dip job toner. These proofs can tone up like that sitting in an album in a humid environment.

Russ, NCNE
  • LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    The reverse with the eagle is very pretty with my favorite colors of blue and purple, but I wouldn't buy it unless the price was no object.

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't that a TT "Rainbow?"

Looks more rainbow than turd brown...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AT
  • AT, not even all that attractive (2me).

What do you think, Mr. Bigglesworth?
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    good art costs money
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

• << <i>

<< <i>That's a clad coin and it looks NT to me. It's a dip job that didn't rinse completely off, and the coin toned from it. >>

Not necessarily even a dip job toner. These proofs can tone up like that sitting in an album in a humid environment.

Russ, NCNE >>

As much as it pains me to again agree with Russ, he is dead on. Been there, done that. If album toning, accidental or purposeful, is AT, then this is AT, but who wants to make that leap? Rob
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file