Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

aug special

just called and talked to a guy at psa and he told methe aug special is the same as the july one. 1954 - 1971 Sports and Non Sport Cards
$10 Ea / 10 Business Day Turnaround Guaranteed*
Maximum Value Under $75 per Card - No Minimum Quantity Required

Comments

• Options
    if true, that is very upsetting! what a lack of originality...
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    ugh!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    VERY disappointing. I was actually pretty happy with that one when I saw it last month UNTIL I noticed the max value $75 thing...I HATE that qualifier. That just isn't gonna do it. Unfortunate if that is the case.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    So, for this $75 max... is that just for insurance coverage, as in, you could try sending a 1957 Mantle, but if it gets crunched in the mail on the way back, you only get covered up to $75?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    How about no more specials until they are caught up.

Some subs taking 2 months to grade.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    How about no more specials until they are caught up.

I think that's the idea. I didn't expect this month's special to be anything that would bring in a lot of submissions considering how backed up they are.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    One may think that hiring some more people may lead to additional revenue on the fact they no longer would have to tank their specials.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    when is there going to b another $5 modern sub special?

shouldn't this special run ALL the time?

is having your customers submit lots of modern cards a bad thing for the business?

sheesh~

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    One may think that hiring some more people may lead to additional revenue on the fact they no longer would have to tank their specials.

O/T, but What does it take to get your foot in the door w/PSA for grader employment?? I would never qualify, much less actually do it, but it does make me wonder. Would you need to already have your name out there as a serious, already very respectible collector? I wonder about that.

I would think PSA would WANT to get a little bit more into doing modern. They should want to move in on BGS I would think, but I honestly don't know much about the whole thing. I'm still relatively green.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Dam carew4me beat me to the image punch again!!
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I agree. PSA really should have a modern special this month. Bowman Chrome hits the shelves in a couple of weeks (maybe less), and a modern special would really help bring some of the top cards pulled into PSA instead of BGS. Guess PSA is going to conceed the modern market to BGS.

<< <i> One may think that hiring some more people may lead to additional revenue on the fact they no longer would have to tank their specials.

O/T, but What does it take to get your foot in the door w/PSA for grader employment?? I would never qualify, much less actually do it, but it does make me wonder. Would you need to already have your name out there as a serious, already very respectible collector? I wonder about that.

I would think PSA would WANT to get a little bit more into doing modern. They should want to move in on BGS I would think, but I honestly don't know much about the whole thing. I'm still relatively green. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I really would like to see a Tallboy special of some sort. I have a crap load of 68' Dexter Press cards to grade.

Lucky for us, Character is not a fantasy stat!!
  • Options
    sounds like a total cop out to do the same special. Knowing the national was coming, they should have had the special ready to fly by mid-july. i hate sitting on cards waiting to submit them..
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Guess PSA is going to conceed the modern market to BGS.

Which stinks when your trying to work on a PSA set of a modern player

Dave
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing posted.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    <I really would like to see a Tallboy special of some sort. I have a crap load of 68' Dexter Press cards to grade>

Marc- If they are extending last month's special, it includes tall-boys.

-Claude