Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Coins Wanted

I am new to PCGS. I have been posting in the US Coin Forum and everyone said I should stop by here. I am looking to buy PCGS graded coins.
My goal is to buy some coins each month. I am just starting out. I do not have thousands of dollars to plunk down all at once, but want to build up a nice collection over time, which is why my goal is to buy each month.

I am not really interested in quarters, nickles, dimes and pennies. I do like the silver dollars (forgive me if I am not using the correct lingo) but the american eagles, morgans, etc. I would like to buy some gold but I think that will be a ways off because I keep trying to find a bargain, lol that makes me feel like "wow, I got that for so cheap". Basically I am looking to spend up to a couple hundred a month on acuiring groups of slabbed coins, and then start spending more towards single coin purchases. I guess my reasoning was if I could buy groups or 3-4 at a time I would have more of a collection going then start adding to that. I hope that makes sense. I have been buying stocks and bonds since I was in Iraq and still do that now that I am home so I would like to start adding coins to my investments. Someone mentioned that I should be buying coins for collecting and not as an investment, but I guess the way I was looking at it was that when I was in Iraq one of my biggest thoughts were that if I did not come home, I wasnt really leaving anything behind. Thats what got me into the stocks and bonds, and I think coins would be another good thing to leave.

If you have coins you want to sell or put together a small collection at a time please email me at
shawn.augustson@us.army.mil or PM me. It would be helpful if I could see photos. Hopefully I am not coming off on the wrong foot with everyone here. Just loking to start my collection and find sellers that I can buy from on a regular basis and eliminate having to go search ebay all the time. I did win one auction from ebay last night which was my first. So if you do email me, and I ask a lot of questions, or seem like a cheapskate please do not be offended, my intention is not to offend you and I do not have any experience in coins, so being able to show me stuff and let me know the price you want would be better.

OK, I have rambled on. Hopefully not offended anyone and look forward to possibly buying some coins.

shawn.augustson@us.army.mil

Comments

• Hi Shawn welcome to the boards, I'm sure you will learn lots of stuff here as most of us have. Many here I'm sure will be glad to give you prices on stuff...image and surely you will find some bargains. PCGS is a good place to start as most of their stuff can be resold quite easily. I will put together a small bit of stuff I have and send you an email. Many here will tell you (and rightly so) to buy the best you can ie maybe save up a few months and but a bit more on the rarer dates. I started like you did and still do for much of my stuff and it is suprising how much you can amass in a short period of time. So I guess it makes sense to pick a series like the morgan or SAE and buy what appeals to you. Again welcome to the boards...

Rob
    There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Check HERE.
    I have lots of graded coins for sale at recently sold eBay prices.

& Welcome to the Boards. image
  • Thanks Rob. I look forward to your email!

That is kind of my thoughts that starting I would try to buy groups, then start saving up for a few months and buy more rarer coins
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Shawn,

After reading your thread here, and getting a better understanding of what you are looking for....

while these are not great rarities, I think they are a good investment.

The first error leaf wisconsin I sold was to a board member for 867... it's now listed at $2850.

I sold it a year ago. This lot has that type of coin (high leaf ms64) PLUS a few others.

I don't know your budget , but .....good selection

by the way... I sent in the franklin, walker, sacagawea, 83 and 84 CC morgans and the Wisconsin leaf ...
    The gold bullion, columbus commemorative and 82CC were already slabbed when I bought them.