Home PSA Set Registry Forum

August Specials

So what is everyone hoping for?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    With football starting up I would like to see a $5.00 special for football or atleast have a $5.00 tie in with Baseball. And the registry special will be for player and team sets. Send in a minimum of 25 of you favorite player or team for $5.00 each.

Just some thoughts to get something different our there
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for the $3 postage/insurance paid special for all registry members whose first name begins with A. If that doesn't happen then a $5 special would be nice again for 1970 and up.....

Al.
  • Hey Guys,

How about an "over sized" or "larger than normal" size $5 Special. I have alot of gameday & McDonalds Football and I am looking at $200 for 25 even in bulk.

Or since PSA is doing packs soon what about an "Extra Thick Card" $5 special, all of us have the game used items card that is to thick for normal holders.

But finally please Jesus God anything but our favorite $13 / 5 day turn around.

Jack
    Looking for 1971 Topps Football PSA 8 NQ or above, and slowly working my way into the 1962 Topps Football Set. Check out my 1972 Topps Football Set 100% Complete.
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

How about an "over sized" or "larger than normal" size $5 Special. I have alot of gameday & McDonalds Football and I am looking at $200 for 25 even in bulk.

Or since PSA is doing packs soon what about an "Extra Thick Card" $5 special, all of us have the game used items card that is to thick for normal holders.

Jack >>

Agreed, I vote for this special instead of my own.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

It's already been announced on the other board---Same crap special continuing for another month.

Lucky for us, Character is not a fantasy stat!!
  • I see the new 10 day/$10 special has the title "Back By Popular Demand" attached to it!! Ha ha ha I bet the graders wanted this one back so they could get caught up on all the June specials that haven't been graded yet!! I'm waiting on two of them and I know a bunch of my other collecting friends have subs from mid-late June still not done!! I had a feeling that the August special would be LAME since they are BEHIND in my book on turnarounds!
    Paul
  • Sad to say I agree. I'm still waiting for a June special submission myself and was hoping for another $5/per this month. Considering how long they are taking on the last one I can understand their reluctance to run it again and instead roll out another useless special in the hopes of killing incoming August traffic. Back by popular demand???? All those who support that claim please weigh in!
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>Back by popular demand???? All those who support that claim please weigh in! >>

Hey, sounds like a poll to me.

• Heres another poll: August Specials A: Finger on the pulse of customer desires?
    B: Finger up nose?
    Looking for 1971 Topps Football PSA 8 NQ or above, and slowly working my way into the 1962 Topps Football Set. Check out my 1972 Topps Football Set 100% Complete.
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    I heard next month they're going to do a special for $3 per card ... any year, any size, any sport. However, the special will only be good for members that have never complained about any of PSA specials.

and Yes .... I'll be sending in a huge submission! image
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    August Special definetly works for me.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    I must be missing something. To pay $10 plus shipping costs for something that may, if lucky, grade to as high a value of $75 just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Works for me too. $5 off the regular price, no minimum and no worry about waiting longer than 2 weeks for grades.
    I've got about 20 or so going in on this one, 1960s FB crossovers.
    Jeremy