Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the best time of the month to list on eBay?

Do you guys have more success during the first, middle or last of the month. Also what is generally the best days to end auctions on from your experiences?

Comments

• Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    just don't end on a Holiday, otherwise I don't think it matters much. Night endings are probably better than day.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always try to end mine between 7 pm and 10 pm eastern time. I don't like ending auctions on Friday or Saturday nights and never on a 3 day weekend.
    James
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the best time of the month to list on eBay? >>

Any time that doesn't coincide with my wife's period!

Mike
  • Options
    NEVER ON THE FOLLOWING:

saturdays, three day weekends, any holidays, during any big event like an all star game, american idol (seriously), playoffs, during work hours (8am-6 pm). This basically leaves normal weekday nights and Sundays (after church image). Also, don't forget about the east coast / west coast paradigm. If you list an item for 8pm est, chances are you're screwing yourself out of a whole hell of alot of buyers. Just my .02c
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I like about 10 on sunday night. Wed. is good too.
  • Options
    Tomorrow Tuesday Aug. 1st

imageimage

RIP Snow
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone, Just saw this thread and you beat me to my post by a mile. Great minds think alike.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    It seems that having auctions end on Sunday (or Monday according to some; personally, the jury is still out on my little experiment with Mondays) night is best, and I usually aim for it to end at 9PM EST (6 PM my time) if it's an auction that would appeal mainly to those on the East Coast (Yankees items, etc.). Otherwise, I'll go for a 6:30 or 7PM my time. For items that will have appeal just about anywhere, it's best to price with the East Coast time in mind as close to half of the U.S. population lives in the EST zone.
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    doc rock-
    i'm quite surprised to hear that you're married to a "younger" woman!
    are you sure you're NOT dorian gray?
    just curious...
    your friend,
    mark
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience I never end during weekdays & work-day hours..evenings are always better. I guess I go against the grain on which nites though. In my experience, ending on Fridays & Saturdays have been better for me (but not holiday weekends!). I know most here say some of the weeknites are better, I have been ending most auctions on Friday/Saturday nites and have had pretty good luck. I have tried weeknites and dont seem to do as well. I even tried for a month when I was off work and was ending auctions on a bunch of different nites and the weekends still seemed better. (just my 2-cents worth!) image -Claude