Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

two new cards for my 1976 topps registry set!

P.S. Heads-up - I'm auctioning the PSA 9 examples of these two cards right now on ebay. Both look great!

rd image

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rb

Those are incredible! Is yours the top set? If not, it's got to be approaching it.

I don't even think I own a 10.

Did you go to the National?

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    Nice Morgan....I always that that to be a tough card to find centered.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>rb

Those are incredible! Is yours the top set? If not, it's got to be approaching it.

I don't even think I own a 10.

Did you go to the National?

thanx for sharing
    mike >>

Mike, no National 4 me this year! My '76 set is the all-time best (2004, 2005 & now 2006). 100% complete, all in 10's and 9's NQ's! But there is someone "nipping at my feet".

rd
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbdjr,

Beautiful Morgan card. I was wondering, though, why you decided to sell off all your PSA 9 & PSA 10 OPC cards? I remember when you were aggressively picking them up to "salt them away" so I was wondering what, if anything, changed your mind about the OPCs?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>rbdjr,

Beautiful Morgan card. I was wondering, though, why you decided to sell off all your PSA 9 & PSA 10 OPC cards? I remember when you were aggressively picking them up to "salt them away" so I was wondering what, if anything, changed your mind about the OPCs? >>

I was going to "salting them away"!

But the more OPCs I bought, the more I realized just how unpopular these Canadian cards are here in the USA! As the low prices for OPCs, do not reflect their scarcity.

As thousands became many thousands of dollars, I just stopped buying them. I had 100s of OPC 1/1s listed in my "eStore" for months, with only moderate results. I also decided to sell some privately, again with moderate results and hopefully will continue sell-off some more on eBay in the near future.

I'm just "set-building" for now, and yes, selling-off OPCs, some amazingly, for more than I paid, as I paid some pretty low prices for many OPCs (...some I DID pay a premium for! Yikes!). Many will be sold-off at a loss or break even pricing, on some others.

It really doesn't matter that much for me, I'll get over it!

rd
  • Options
    Thanks to rbdjr1 my newly added Brewers '76 team set will always be second best at best. Tough to beat a guy who has 19 PSA 10's out of 34 cards in the set!
    Truly amazing!