Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Exquisite autos

Does anyone here collect the hoops variety? I have tried to stay away from anything modern other than autos I like, but this year's version seems to have a lot of bargains and over hyped rookies.

Bargains:

Nate Robinson
Ryan Gomes
David Lee
Ike Diogu

All plus or minus $100 or so. Still kicking myself for not picking up some Josh Howard rookies before last year.

Busts:

Martell Webster, no feel for the game, $300 or so
Gerald Green, talent but already at $400 a throw
Felton in the $1,000 range
Finger Rolls and Fast Breaks!

61 Fleer
57 Topps
48 Bowman

Comments

• Options
    I don't. To me(anyway) a rookie auto is a rookie auto is a rookie auto. Shortprinted or not, fact is there are so many subsets/parralels with autos that there is an unrealistic rarity put on these items in my opinion.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Totally agree with the unrealistic rarity idea, however, the exquisite brand I think being the ferrari of sets, will be the one that people will collect 20 or 30 years from now, with Carmelo, Wade and Lebron kicking off the brand two years ago. There is actually a bid of $250,000, reserve not met, for the Wade rookie, number 2 of 3, gold version.

I have said all along, these people shelling out big dough for Jordan autos numbered to 23 are not getting the rarity they think. Jordan probably signs 1,000 sigs a year for upper deck sets. He will be signing until the day he dies! At some point, supply will overwhelm demand. It doesn't mean that there aren't some nice autos in there though. How many Lebron autos do you think he will sign in his lifetime for upper deck! Still there are only 99 auto rookies for Lebron at 10k plus each, demand will ALWAYS be there for those.

Finger Rolls and Fast Breaks!

61 Fleer
    57 Topps
    48 Bowman
  • Options
    I agree that there will always be buyers, we(in America) live quite luxiriously. I personally don't find to much eye appeal for the Exquisites, but that's just me.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards