Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

nationals update/steve hart rumors

Well looks like no one has given any updates. ithis is the first night i've been on the pc since getting here. Anyways the weathers great here and lots of great cards . i've never had the oppurtunity to buy so much unopened wax. I think i've given steve hart about 10 Gs already and probably a few more tommorrow. For those and the rumor that steve will be grading packs for psa. It's not true i spent some time talking with him and he will only be authenticating packs for them. meaning he will only be saying ya or na as to if they are unopened or have been tampred with . someone else will be giveing the actual grade. So no more rumors. Vintage there are lots to be had . I purchased i should say stole some 72 wax packs for 30 a piece and the 2 i got graded came back 8.5 and 9 as far as the promos every thing is great i took my son today and never left the corporate area but he said he never had so much fun at a card show we even did some box wars at donruss and he won a 1/1 bart star ray nitschke and brett farve jersey card. so for those who thought the national in ca would not be good . It's fantastic and though everyone can't go we do deserve it out here once in awhile. and the show of big dealers from the east coast shows it must be worth the trip or theywont be here. we'll you guys we'll see you around the boards next week i got to go adjust my atack plans for the last day. and look at my ebay store next week like i said i've bought some nice cases from steve hart and will be breaking them soon as i get home also will have for sale lots of the promo cards from ud topps anddonruss for sale. the allen and ginter promos from topps have gone quick. And some one asked me to get em a upper deck hat. Who was that? I got extras

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    80's junkie: were the 72 packs graded by PSA? I seem to recall reading somewhere that they weren't going to use the half-grade like 8.5 when they graded packs. Has that changed?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    PSA isn't grading packs yet. I submitted 5 on Wednesday and was told it would be a month or so. Steve was a bit surprised they had taken the submission but excited it was going already. It's a bit disappointing they are only grading standard size packs to begin with, and the cost could be brutal, but it's a start. Once it's integrated into the registry I expect things will really take off.
    '80's- if you check the other forums there are some posts about Steve and pack grading.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    No the packs were gai graded but they look pretty plus im stillnot sure about the psa grading i think not having the .5 half grade on packs could hurt. look at some high end packs theres a big difference between a gai8 and 8.5 or 9 and 9.5. I guess we will see. But it was cool i spent a few hours over the course of the show and steve taught me alot about buying vintage wax. Though i spent about 10,000 at his booth it was a lesson well worth it.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    The 'other guy' behind his table...did NOT impress me!!!

Edited: Steve informed me he does not have a partner.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archaninator, please explain, I'd be interested to know what you mean by that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited...but still feel Rick is a loser!