Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Rick Hennessy Buffalo Nickels

Anxiouly waiting for B+M to list images of the Rick Hennessy #3 registry Buff set. He has a few if not several coins I'm interested in and can't wait to see them in Denver. I'll post an image of one here hopefully by mid week. Good luck bidding and maybe you can post your favorite coin for all to see.
A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.

Comments

• That will be cool to see them in Denver if they are there. Although I do not have much interest in the buff series I know it is a highly competitive series and the #3 set would be quite a thing of beauty to behold.
  • Sure will be looking at some of those coins. The way I look at it is I get a free bump to #3 when he sells his set image
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike
    Nice to hear from you here's one of Ricks Buffalos an ms68 1913. image
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    The reverse.imageimage
  • Sure is pretty
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I have had the opportunity to see most of the coins in this set. Rick didn't just fill holes with holdered
    coins. He made numerous improvements within the same grade whenever he encountered a nice
    high-grade Buffalo Nickel. In essence, he continually upgraded his set without actually raising his
    registry set score.

The 1928-D Buffalo in PCGS-66 is significantly better than the one it replaced. This coin
    is an early die state strike and is the finest I've seen for the date. The 1918-S is obviously superior
    to the one that recently sold in auction at Baltimore. There are numerous highlights to this set.

Rick's a true collector at heart and it's been fun watching his excitement and enthusiasm for any series
    he's involved in.

I'd recommend if you have the chance to preview these auction lots, do it for your education and,
    of course, enjoyment.
  • Hi All,
    Thanks for the nice comments on my set!!! (caitlin, Ed, Laura, cupronik and the rest!!!) It has been a labor of love for this set and i have gone on to other interests lately. I have tried to select the best coins for strike and overall eye appeal with color being a high priority on most coins. Also, Starting a second set a a few years ago gave me the opportunity to upgrade the first set with the nicer coin. The second set went away a couple of years ago to help pay for improvments on the first set.
    Richard H.
  • The butterflies are churning.image Just one day till my set is on auction. Im already feeling the "what did i just do" emotion for selling my set.image
    Rick H.
  • Good luck with the sale. I'm sure the prices will reflect the quality and patience of you set. Some day I'd love to jump into the series.......
  • PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I hope the sale did well.
    Some awesome coins,
    Larry

still looking for a type 2 buff in pcgs ms68
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    [email protected]

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I love my new 1913 ms68 buff.
    I have ben offered 2-3 other pieces over the last 3 years,and this one is by far the best.
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    [email protected]

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • capecape Posts: 1,621
    i love my soon to be pcgs67 1914s pop 1 buffalo.image
    ed rodrigues
  • Hi Larry and Ed,
    The 1913-p ty.1 was one of my favorites with the toning that glows image
    Ed,hope the 1914-s upgrades and it was nice talking to you again at the show.
    I have just deleted all my buffalo sets from the current finest list so people can enter coins now.
    Rick