Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

1938 MS 67FS Jefferson nickel!

Hello,
For last quarter I was looking around to decide which Jefferson nickel to send in for the Coin of the Quarter. 1938, Philadelphia? Denver? San Francisco? 1950-D? Yes, I eventually chose a 1938 Jefferson that I thought was a very solid 66FS and sent it in just before the deadline. The grade posted earlier this week and the coin arrived home today.

1 1 08210873 84000 1938 5C US MS67FS

The pop report say 5/0 so I assume this is number 6. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend. It has a light golden tone, minimal very light marks, and nice steps for a '38. Needless to say, I'm thrilled! image

Coolkarma

Comments

• clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    WOW That is fantastic! You SUCK!
  • badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Coolkarma,

Excellent! That's cool. --- I love upgrades.

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • So is it for sale?
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    great score!

YOU SUCK

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • congrats, coolk., that sounds like a great coin .

this must be " be kind to jeffersons" month at pcgs. i just had 10 of 12 65-present jeff's cross from anacs, 2 of them with upgrade and 3 or 4 pop tops. i got them back in 15 working days on a modern invoice. i was very surprised by the speed of service and the great results.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>this must be " be kind to jeffersons" month at pcgs. i just had 10 of 12 65-present jeff's cross from anacs, 2 of them with upgrade and 3 or 4 pop tops. i got them back in 15 working days on a modern invoice. i was very surprised by the speed of service and the great results. >>

Let's hope you're right, I have a nice 1939-S type II with strong steps in right now on a quarterly freebie submission, the first time PCGS saw it they graded it AU58.

Oh... and coolkarma, congrats on the 67FS!

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • coolkarmacoolkarma Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Hello,

Thanks for the comments and compliments. Well, my first images were awful and these are only slightly better (I've forgotten the settings I used to use). The coin actually is a light golden color, but the bulbs I use seem to make it golden brown. This also is about as "close up" as I can get so I can't get a very good image of the steps. Suggestions for improvements always appreciated. Enjoy image

imageimage

And Idocoins, although I'm not quite sure what I'll do or how, yes, the coin likely will be for sale. I purchased it when I was considering forming a full step Jefferson set. However, I decided I wanted/needed to focus on my Buffalos. Ideally I'd like to trade for a '26-s Buffalo, but I realize that is unlikely. We'll see.

CoolKarma