Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What does everyone want to see for the August special?

Personally, I'd LOVE to see a t all boy special. I have at least 30 to send in. It's been quite a while since the last tall boy special - some time last year I believe.

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    would '94 Gamedays be considered tall boys?
  • I would like to see quicker turn around times....Just kidding. Tall boys or the new holder special

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>would '94 Gamedays be considered tall boys? >>

Yes they are - I've had several graded and they fit perfectly in the tall boy holder.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they can do a player registry special where you have to send in the same player per invoice with a 20 day TAT and you have to sticker the card with what it is so they don't spend 12 days figuring out the year and card. I would bet it would be good revenue because I know I am not going to spend more than 5.00 to get my 90 Topps Tiffany Griffey graded but I cringe at the thought of grouping it with a bunch more 90's cards of him and having to wait 60 days.........so I just keep them in CS1's and wait untill they want my business , after all I don't really need them graded but it is nice to have a place were I can register them and know they are protected .
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>would '94 Gamedays be considered tall boys? >>

Yes they are - I've had several graded and they fit perfectly in the tall boy holder.

Regards,

Greg M. >>

Thanks Greg!
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I would love a tall boy special. I have about 100 I want to send in.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Pre-1940 $5 special, no minimum.
  • How about a $3 special, minimum 500 cards. How many would like that? I know I would.........................................That would get them som biz image
    My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    1500 + shipping charges would put me on the couch for 3 months! I do like the idea of 3.00 dollars though.
    I also like the idea of a tall boy special but I am waiting for the insert to become mainstream before I submit any odd size tallboy card.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Do the 1976 discs fall into the tallboy category?

Thanks - Jim
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • yes...
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    $5 per card. No minimum.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the new holder special. Graded pack special... say $5-8 a pack graded?
    I also like the idea of the one-player set registry special at $5/card minmum of say 10-20 cards... who knows, we'll all see.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• I'm surprised they haven't run a player set registry special. Or maybe just a set special. Either way I have a bunch patiently waiting to go.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
    <Personally, I'd LOVE to see a t all boy special>

Hey guys, didn't the special that ends today also include Tallboys, I think thats what it said?? -Claude