Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

subalpine republic

can someone provide me with the mintages of the 5 and 20 Fr coins of year 9 of the subalpine republic? I have the mintages of year 10 (1801) but year 9 is not in the same volume of Krause.

Thanks!

imageimageimageimage

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!

Comments

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a while for me to find it - for reasons known only to themselves, Krause (17th century 3rd ed.) lists it under "Piedmont Republic", with no "Subalpine Republic" in the Country Index. Here are your mintages:

silver 5 francs l'An 9: 19,000

gold 20 francs l'An 9: 2,820
    Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious... the "history snippet" given in Krause is completely different to what the Wikipedia articles for the area say. None of the dates or names match...

"The Republic of Alba was created in 1796 as a French client republic in Piedmont before the area was annexed by France in 1801. In June 1802 a new client republic, the Subalpine Republic, was established in Piedmont and in September it was also annexed. In the congress of Vienna, the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia was restored..."

So according to Wiki, these coins shouldn't exist...
    Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much!

The client kingdoms of Nappy look like an interesting but pricy series; guess because they don't exist!

imageimageimageimageimage:
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options

<< <i>So according to Wiki, these coins shouldn't exist... >>

According to Wiki a lot of things that never happened did, and even more things that happened didn't.image

Somehow, I find it difficult to trust a site that opens its arms to every hacker out there, and invites them to change its content at any time.image
    Roy

• Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The client kingdoms of Nappy look like an interesting but pricy series; guess because they don't exist! >>

That would be a cool set, though some of those just don't exist in UNC.

And on Wikipedia, a recent article in the satire mag, the Onion:

Wikipedia Celebrates 750 Years Of American Independence