Home Sports Talk
Options

Carlos Lee traded to Texas Rangers

From the ESPN website:

Carlos Lee To Be Dealt To Rangers
The Brewers are trading slugger Carlos Lee to the Rangers as part of a multi-player deal, ESPN's Keith Law has learned. The Brewers are sending Lee, Nelson Cruz and a player to be named to Texas for reliever Francisco Cordero and outfielders Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix. Both teams are working on the medicials.

Comments

• Options
    Looks like the Brewers gotta good deal imo.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    I thought the Brewers would have tried for more. Mench is 28, Nix is 26. Both have good potential, with Mench really coming into his own this season, but you have to wonder how many more years they have left to show that potential. Don't get me wrong, I think Mench straight up for Lee is fair, but at this time of year I figured someone would have mortgaged the farm for Carlos Lee.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take that deal if I was the Rangers anyday.
  • Options
    lee has been on the trading blocks ever since he arrived in milwaukee. ive heard that the chances that he would resign with the brewers were fairly slim (although, yost has mentioned he would love to have lee as the centerpiece of his offense...but, he will come at a price that will likely be too high for the brewers). i think the rangers did OK with this deal. offense isnt really what they need to win the west....as always, the focus should be pitching. i think the brewers made well, although i question whether they could have gotten someone like hughes from the yankees or mccarthy from the white sox.