Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Decided to sell

After some long thought, really long thought, I have decided to sell off my collection. I'm going to start with my 3 graded sets. I'm going to take bids from you all here on the message boards first, since I have done a ton of business with quite a few members. Here's the following sets: mohiba 73, 1973 Topps basic, 100% complete @ 8.88 GPA, I have almost all of the variations so the master would come in at about 98.5% complete; mohiba 70, 1970 Topps Master, 98.07% complete @ 8.037 GPA, there are (I believe) 4 or 5 cards that are SGC 88 to 92 that would be included; and lastly, mohiba 68, 1968 Topps, 43.14% complete @ 8.53 GPA, which has a stunning Ryan card. I know everyone says this but this is true, it really is nicer than many of the 9's I have seen. They are all 3 listed on the registry and I welcome all to look them over. This isn't one of the fire sales, no one died, no one had their leg cut off or any other BS, I'm just looking to move on to other interests. If I don't recieve any offers to my liking I'll just hang on to them and some time down the road give them to my son. I think I can guess the next question, I would rather sell the 70 and 73 sets as a whole, it took way too long and too much money to put them together to break them up and they deserve a good home. The 68 set I'd be willing to listen to individual offers. My email address which is listed on the registry as well, is bdmoe68@hotmail.com.
Stan Musial topped the .300 mark 17 times and won seven National League batting titles. A three-time MVP, he played in 24 All-Star Games. Probably, the greatest player who is overlooked and underappreciated.

Comments

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    They sound like very high profile sets - you might do well with one of the major auction houses. Good luck.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Why don't you tell the board what you want for the sets or just list them with a starting price or a reserve on ebay.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you want to sell as a whole, but I would like to note that I would pay aggresively for the Phillies cards I need for my team set.

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    good advice from jayhawke. see what you can get here first. How can it hurt to see if someone meets your reserve? My gut tells me this has auction house written all over it. Another idea is to contact a dealer(s) whom you have established a strong relationship with. They often (almost always) have customers who could be in the market for what you have and maybe they would help you out without charging you a commission (or maybe a very low commission). I sold a few sets on ebay and frankly, was underwhelmed by the results. People seem to focus on SMR for sets, yet when it comes to individual cards, often go way over SMR in their bids. And, sometimes one or two bidders can make a huge difference if they are competing for cards in a specific set. So, timing is critical as well.

I have never sold anthing on any of the auction houses so I am by no means an expert but from what I have heard and seen, they seem to do exceedingly well.

Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    Auction houses could be a viable option. Any recommendations? I really don't agree with most, if not all of the auction houses poilicies of charging for the consignment. What sense does it make to charge someone for the product that they (auction houses) are in need of. As far as what I want for them, honestly I haven't sat down to put a figure on it all yet. These are just the first 3 of many sets, subsets, singles, etc. This just represents the vast majority of the graded cards in the collection. I have literally stacks of cards that should be graded but I just don't have the desire to do it any longer. For example, 1978 up to and including 1985 Topps sets, mint to Gem mint, all of the listed stars in the SMR for those sets are graded 9 and 10, with 2 exceptions 78 Ryan PSA 8 and the 79 Smith PSA 8, all but 5 listed stars for the 77 set are PSA 9, those 5 haven't been graded. I think you get the idea. On a side note, if someone has a recent issue of the SMR, they'd like to sell me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for all the advice.
    Brian
    Stan Musial topped the .300 mark 17 times and won seven National League batting titles. A three-time MVP, he played in 24 All-Star Games. Probably, the greatest player who is overlooked and underappreciated.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    i consigned to Mile High. I had about $7500 in product. 0% juice to the seller. i am sure others will give you the same deal. when they are making 15% or more they are happy to have your stuff.