Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

eBay Price Realized Analysis

Does anyone keep track of prices realized for individual cards they're looking to acquire? I know a few people have mentioned keeping excel spreadsheets, but does anyone use any software specifically designed for this task? I've looked at DeepAnalysis and AuctionIntelligence. Can anyone make a recommendation for one software or one method or another?
Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM

Comments

• Options
    djspanndjspann Posts: 541
    I use a spreadsheet to keep track of the cards that I am following. It's quite tedious, though. I'd like to hear if there is a better method. I use the same spreadsheet to document which cards I have. I list the grades (raw or graded), with cert #'s, prices paid, etc. I also track what raw and graded cards sell for eBay or other online auction houses. It's a lot of work, even though I focus on only a few sets.

Doug
  • Options
    Yep - I use a good ole pad and pencil!image

My Alex Gordon pursuit is looking rather bleak right now, in terms of an affordable auto!
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Apparently some guy named Ken Golden has started a website called Cardpricer.com---another thread said this guy was pushing it at the National today. It is supposed to track every ebay sportcard transaction.
  • Options
    I track the prices of cards I follow with Microsoft Access. It is quite tedious entering the prices, but generating reports is fairly easy.
  • Options
    Oh lord, is that the same Ken Golden from the Shop at home scamwork?
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    No...that was Ken Goldin. This is a guy named Ted Golden.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I just go back to Completed Auctions on Ebay.Pretty fair guideline.I will always check to see if there have been any recent results on a particular card.It has helped me in the past.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a spreadsheet that I use to track the sales of PSA 9 baseball HOF rookie cards, on eBay and through auction houses. It dates back about 2 years overall and includes older sales in some cases.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    qmayerqmayer Posts: 286
    Thanks for all the replies. The vintagecardprices.com is a great idea, but I don't collect cards for the eras they're currently tracking. I was looking for something that would do the search inside the program and allow me to filter through the results, then give me an average price -- all without having to copy and paste prices by hand. Does anyone see a way around this or will I just have to bite the bullet?
    Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM