Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Please help me track down a generous Forum member!

Help!

I know things are so hectic here at work that I hardly know which way is up, but I've really been tossed for a loop on this one!

The other day, a Priority Mail box showed up on my doorstep filled with an amazing assortment of Darkside goodies for my YN's.

But I'm completely stumped by who the generous sender is! I thought it might be from a giveaway I entered on their behalf, but darned if I can find it! And it's been a bit since I had free time to join the Forum to even enter one of them........

I'd like to find out who the person is who was so kind, so as to properly thank them - - I don't want them to think I'm ignoring them or ungrateful if it is from a contest & I haven't responded yet.

And if it's someone who just saw my entry in a contest and took the time to send some along for the YN's, I'd like to express my gratitude as well - - whomever it was had my addy already - - they really made our day!

So if anyone knows what direction to point me in, or if the anonymous donor wishes to come forward, I'd appreciate it. If you wish to remain anonymous, that's fine as well - - hopefully you'll see this post and know that your thoughtfulness & generosity was greatly appreciated!

Thanks! I never cease to be amazed by this Forum and its members!

- - Dave (and the YN's) image

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you still have the box? What zip code did it come from?
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    did it come from 53051
    I sent out some 50 or so darksides in 2x2's with krause # and grades to

Mojoman and Htubbs

maybe they fowarded them to you or one of them gave me your address instead

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Zip Code = Bethesda Md

Neither Mojoman nor HTubbs appear to be from that area.

It's a real mystery!!image
  • Options

Zip Code = Bethesda Md

Probably a navy doctor
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it was Stork?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if it was Stork?

imageimageimage >>

That would be my quessimage
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I'm busted. I'd seen where you'd entered one of the giveaways for your YNs and hadn't won...plus I still had your address in my pms from way back. I guess a devious spy I am not. Duh, zip code! Nothing of great value in there, but not ugly junk image. I hope the boys (I think you said boys..) enjoy image.

Cathy

• Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Bravo Stork! Always a good member of this forum, you've just got a little better!image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    STORK!! image THANK YOU!!!

They might not be anything of great monetary value in there, as you claim, but there is such a great variety of coins from so many places, including several less run-of-the-mill ones, that it was like Christmas in July for the kids!! (I think I'M jealous!!).

The reason I first got into coin collecting (and the same reason I hope it continues to attract my boys) is not the monetary aspect, or the chance to make a fortune - - one slabbed gold coin at any show would basically trump my entire collection's value - - but the fact that it transports one to a different time, place, and culture, and puts historical events in perspective. I can name several different occasions where one of my boys took some of our coins to class as part of a discussion about Roman times, Israel, African colonies, etc. And the memories it brings to me personally of when I first started out with pennies in a Whitman folder at my Grandparents' house brings back a warm tide of feelings.......

THAT's why I love this hobby, and try to pass that joy on to my boys as well.

So, from all of us, a collective giant "THANK YOU"!! for your generosity and going out of your way to do what you did! You, and other wonderful Forum members never cease to amaze me!

- - Daveimageimageimageimageimage