Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I started with a 1905-O Micro-o in a GO06, and now I have 17!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just added a 1907 XF45 and I'm having alot of fun building this Barber Dime set. I now own 17 Barbers and My highest grade is an AU55.

Sometimes its not about the grade, but about how you love building your coins set.

Thanks for listening!
Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    I could see my whole set grading out at G06....Seems to be a favorite grade at PCGS for Barber Dimes, I think.
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    That 05-mini o is a keeper in any grade.
    I think the total PCGS pop on that is like 11 coins graded.
    Dan
  • CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    I share your enthusiasm Paul. I've been working on my Barber dime set for three years, and the thrill of the hunt is still as strong as when I started.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go Paul!!!!!!! Barber Dimes are one of my favorite coins!!!!!!!

Jon
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I am done with dimes, Its time to move on. Set is looking great there Paul.

Jon,I hope to see you complete your set someday, I am bored with dimes right now and re-thinking my collection. What should I collect next? Fred
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am done with dimes, Its time to move on. Set is looking great there Paul.

Jon,I hope to see you complete your set someday, I am bored with dimes right now and re-thinking my collection. What should I collect next? Fred >>

Sound like someone needs a vacation! I think that you are still in with the Dimes but stuck. What I do is concentrate on 1 dime and let the others go for a while. Right now I'm working on Barbers and "Staying in touch" with Roosevelts. I own 1 merc and havn't even looked at those.

Good luck Fred!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That 05-mini o is a keeper in any grade.
    I think the total PCGS pop on that is like 11 coins graded. >>

Here's a link to mine, I expected it to go Good-6 but it came back in a VG8 holder. Link to picture

I did a full set (no '94-S, obviously) of Barber Dimes in raw G/VG, it makes a real pretty set when you can get them in matching grades.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stooge:

I know nothing about Barbers, but I do appreciate varieties and I really had to smile when I read your post because I did the same thing in a different series:

I got hooked on 1901-P VAM 3 doubled die reverse ("Shifted Eagle") Morgan dollars back when nobody really cared about them, and started buying every one I could find that I thought would go into a PCGS holder. At one time I owned 18 of the 24 total examples PCGS had graded. I was trying to put together a whole box, but that plan stopped when my wife decided her sanity was worth more than her job. The first three coins I sold paid for all 18 of them combined. I still have seven of them.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stooge:

I know nothing about Barbers, but I do appreciate varieties and I really had to smile when I read your post because I did the same thing in a different series:

I got hooked on 1901-P VAM 3 doubled die reverse ("Shifted Eagle") Morgan dollars back when nobody really cared about them, and started buying every one I could find that I thought would go into a PCGS holder. At one time I owned 18 of the 24 total examples PCGS had graded. I was trying to put together a whole box, but that plan stopped when my wife decided her sanity was worth more than her job. The first three coins I sold paid for all 18 of them combined. I still have seven of them. >>

Great story!

Now don't get me wrong, I still go bonkers for a high graded Roosie, but the Barbers tell me something different. They all have their stories! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Sean I like your 05 micro O..... nice find..
    Dan