Home Stamps Forum
Options

PSE boxes

Hopefully Mike Sherman can provide insight. I noticed Jason Bradford from PCGS Currency replied that boxes are in the works for slabbed notes.

Is there a PSE box in the works? I hope so.

Thanks.
Doug

Comments

• Options
    While the cost of individual boxes is low, the cost of the mold is very high. Thus far, the proportion of slabbed stamps has been rather low, and we did not see sufficient demand. That however, is changing. More and more stamps are now being encapsulated, so we will be considering a box for stamps. If the demand is there, we'll supply the product.
    Michael Sherman
    Director of Numismatics
    PCGS
  • Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply. If and when you ever do begin producing boxes, please let this forum know.

Doug
  • Options
    Put me down for 10 boxes!

Jerry
  • Options
    Does anyone on the forum have a slabbed stamp? Slabbed coins actually look very nice and you can see the front and the back of the
    coin. Is it the same with stamps? And couldn't the slabbing of coins and stamps be the same standard? That would elemenate the need for different size boxes. Just a thought.
  • Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Yes, its the same with stamps; you can see the front and back. PSE's case is slightly taller and a tad narrower than a PCGS slab. Of course, its much thinner. If it wasn't so thin, you could probably use a PCGS or NGC box for the stamps, but then it wouldn't say PSE on the lid. image
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Doug. image
  • Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

> we will be considering a box for stamps. If the demand is there, we'll supply the product.

Please add my name to the list of collectors waiting for an opportunity to purchase a PSE box specifically designed to house PSE encapsulated stamps. I've just recently discovered PSE slabbed stamps. I'm really excited by what I see!

KJ