Home Sports Talk
Options

Donald Trump to buy the Chicago Cubs?

What is this? A rumor on "Around the Horn" or "PTI" yesterday on ESPN.

Are the Cubs looking for a buyer? Somehow the Donald came into the picture.

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    MSNBC article -> here

I can see it now...

Dusty walks into the boardroom, sits in a leather chair, and Trump says:

"Dusty, you were a couple of outs from reaching the World Series. You saw your players rattled and as project manager, you should have done something to calm them down. I mean, Alou was throwing his glove on the ground like a little kid, yet you chose to ignore it. An error here, a hit there, and everything came crumbling down. You seem like a nice guy but this is business."

"Dusty... You're fired!"

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Like it's Dusty's fault that team stinks, or that Wood has no durability, or that Lee got hurt, or that management has no need to field a competitive team.

The Cubs would be a good investment, though, because no matter how crappy the team, the games always sell out.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Like it's Dusty's fault that team stinks, or that Wood has no durability, or that Lee got hurt, or that management has no need to field a competitive team.

The Cubs would be a good investment, though, because no matter how crappy the team, the games always sell out. >>

While spending $100mil I highly doubt they were trying to not field a competitive.

The team spends money so that is just plain stupid. They have spent money on the wrong people and that needs to be addressed.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Like it's Dusty's fault that team stinks, or that Wood has no durability, or that Lee got hurt, or that management has no need to field a competitive team.

The Cubs would be a good investment, though, because no matter how crappy the team, the games always sell out. >>

While spending $100mil I highly doubt they were trying to not field a competitive.

The team spends money so that is just plain stupid. They have spent money on the wrong people and that needs to be addressed. >>

I didn't say they don't spend money, I just said the team consistently is bad.

Wasn't a knock against the players, just the management's choice in who they bring in (and letting Nomar go was a huge mistake).
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not? He did such a wonderful job with the New Jersey Generals and the USFL! image

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trump should buy the Yankees

If there is any truth to this, I sincerely hope that the City of Chicago takes a serious look at following the Green Bay model and just does what needs to be done

Trump and the Cubs is not a good mix. Hopefully, this will blow over as a non-event

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I hope he does not buy the Cubs.I will NEVER watch a Cubs game again.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>I hope he does not buy the Cubs.I will NEVER watch a Cubs game again. >>

Dont think you have to worry. This thread is six years old.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    HA! Gastronome strikes again.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay- should have looked at the dates- I feel alittle better at the moment-Not going to happen

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.