Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wierd E-bay transaction...

A buyer wins the auction below, Pays via Paypal with what he later E-mails me and says is his cousins paypal account. The name on his "cousins" Paypal account is Super_Collectable with his suppossed cousins address, Which is a verified paypal address. I start looking through the buyers feedback and see where he has had a transaction with his"cousin" and his cousin filed an Unpaid item dispute against him. What can I do to absolutely protect myself here? I feel like someting just isnt right.
He didnt buy insurance so I think I will just in case, Tell me what you guys think about this. If you look about a third of the way down his feedback you will see super_collectable, The guy who is supposed to be his cousin, whos paypal account he used.

Auction he won

his feedback

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    I do not like it.

Something is likely weird.

If a relative is doing deals with him on eBay,
    he is already in violation of the rules. Sounds
    like it might be a young kid.

I would buy the USPS insurance, but, obviously,
    it will not save you if there is a PayPal scam
    underway.

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Judging from his latest feedback, he's a scam waiting to happen..........
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report it to paypal and ebay (suspected fraud) and do not ship. Point out the above. If they say it's ok, you will have smooth sailing.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I purchased signature confirmation and delivery confirmation, I will save the E-mail he sent to me making the requests that it be sent to his cousin. If he tries to pull something I will show them what I have. If I get screwed it was for $10 bucks.

• Options
    I know Paypal will not protect you if you do not ship to the confirmed address. But in this case I didnt print the postage through E-bay. I went directly to Pay-pal and got the Pay-pal account address he paid from and the one he wanted it shipped to. If I had went through E-bay's postage link to Pay-pal He could have easily screwed me.

• Options
    First,
    I would pay the extra $0.60 and send it delivery confirmation. I had a buyer "claim" they never received an item from me and got a refund through Paypal. I had five different pieces of evidence PROVING I did, in fact, ship the item, but I had no recourse with Paypal because I did not send it insured or delivery confirmation. Now I require insurance on all items paid through Paypal. Anybody and everybody getting a package uninsured or without delivery confirmation after paying via Paypal can request a refund with Paypal and get it the way their "buyer protection policy" is written, and there's absolutely nothing the seller can do.

Second,
    would you consider selling your 1984 PSA 10 Rickey Henderson less than your bin. I saw it when I clicked on your link image

Kelly
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you need to worry at all about a $10 item. If someone is going to take the effort to scam you, it wouldn't be for small potatoes like this, IMO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    $10 for a Kiko Garcia card?
    If he screws you for this, I think you need to let 20/20 know about it.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On second thought, after looking at the buyer's feedback, you might just be dealing with a nut. I'd be more concerned about getting the negative from this guy instead of getting scammed for $9.99.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Yes, I got the Dc and Sig Confirmation as well.

would you consider selling your 1984 PSA 10 Rickey Henderson less than your bin. I saw it when I clicked on your link

Yes I would consider an offer, You can Pm me or E-mail me @ Koffman @aeneas.net
    I may add the best offer to the Henderson auction anyway, Let me know, Thanks

• Options
    You wouldnt be having this problem if it was a sgc card. They RULE!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Barry, there is something wrong with your links.
  • Options
    links dont work
  • Options
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Southerncards2, shut up and go smooch Leon. And take fkw wit cha. PSA rocks and would be a 10 if they had a authentic division.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    OK everyone, it's been a long, hot day. Time to put down the beer and get to sleep. You guys are responding to a thread that is 2 years old. Of course the links don't work, and Southern Cards is no where to be found. He probably declared bankruptcy after trying to sell all his SGC stuff. image
  • Options