Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Any Value in Old Magazines w/inserts?

I have a lot of the old "Baseball Card Collector" Magazines with the inserts intact. These are the standard fare from the late '80's and early 90's. Also have some Tuff Stuff and lots of Becketts.

I have a feeling they don't have much appeal and I may put them on Craig's List before I toss them out. Don't see much action for these on Ebay either.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks.
Working on 1975, 1977 Topps Baseball
Also collect Ripken & cards of UNC Basketball players in UNC Uniform
MSN Messenger: fins2left00@hotmail.com

Comments

• spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    The issue of Baseball Cards Mag with Mantle inserts is a classic. That issue has everything a collector likes to read. I own one already but I would put a premium on it if you were selling it
  • Do you recall the month/year of that one?

I believe I have a Beckett with Mantle as well as a 90's Sports Illustrated if you are interested.

Thanks.
  • spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    I believe some time in 1988-89. I can check for sure at home. The mag has a light blue tone to it. The card inserts are super including 1951 card.
  • No biggie. I think I may have that one. I found one completed auction on eBay and it went for a few dollars.
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I picked up on here back in March.

143 Magazines

Some great stuff there with all the card inserts intact. Only had to pay for shipping.

As far as appeal there are always people looking for certain covers of players they collect but for making any good amount off of them I think they are unfortunately a hard item to sell.