Soriano to the White Sox?

zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
Wow! ESPN says they are "extremely close."
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I would hate to see Brandon McCarthy go if we are only going to keep Soriano for the rest of the season. That being said if he will sign an extension, i'm all for it!! Where would he play?? Pods to center??
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>I would hate to see Brandon McCarthy go if we are only going to keep Soriano for the rest of the season. That being said if he will sign an extension, i'm all for it!! Where would he play?? Pods to center?? >>

I would think they'd have to do a sign and trade. I couldn't seeing giving McCarthy to rent him for 3 months.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    That same article also says they are close to acquiring Mike MacDougal from KC. He's only been off the DL for about 3 days after starting the season there. Seems like a gamble to me.
    Travis
  • Options
    Kenny Williams is never afraid to gamble. Sometimes it works (Dye) sometimes it doesn't (Wells) image
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    I hope Soraino either stays in DC or goes back to NY.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    White Sox pick up Macdougal from KC for 2 young arms - a precursor to the Soriano deal?

Is Macdougal healthy?
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>White Sox pick up Macdougal from KC for 2 young arms - a precursor to the Soriano deal?

Is Macdougal healthy? >>

Well he's been on the DL since the start of the season and he just came off, literally, last week. He's pitched in maybe 2 games this year.

By the way, any of you Chicagoians have any opinions on the two prospects, Tyler Lumsden and Daniel Cortes? I have never heard of either.
    Travis
  • Options
    WhiteSox.MLB.com reports the Chicago White Sox traded P Tyler Lumsden and P Daniel Cortes to the Kansas City Royals in exchange for P Mike MacDougal.

Heckuva deal - Royals give up "nothing" and get something ----- Mac doesn't fit in with the club. We get a nice arm that could figure into the future.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    The White Sox need to make moves, as they recently hit a rut and suddenly, their playoff picture has turned from a lock to somewhat iffy. But, it's not really their offense they need the help with, it's starting pitching that's killing them now (Garcia, Vazquez, Buehrle & Garland have been inconsistent lately, as has Contreras who was rock solid during the first half). The whole idea of just killing the opponent by scoring more runs, ala the Yankees, has proven not to work in the playoffs. It's all about the pitching when it counts.

Trading McCarthy will wind probably wind up being a long-term mistake, as he is an excellent pitcher with solid mechanics and under team control for several more seasons. But, the White Sox don't have much more of a window of opportunity, so they need to take the shot now.

I cannot imagine Soriano would ever agree to an extension now, he has been awaiting free-agency and plans to use the market to drive up his paycheck.

• Options
    Hey Sox fans--What's the chance Jon Garland gets traded, since he pulled a Sean Tracy on Guillen?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Since Garland (or Contraras) is the ace at this moment, I would be shocked if he was traded during the season.
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here come the Twins!

I hope the Sox don't get him, they are in a post All-Star game slump and the move could ignite them.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set