Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

can anyone help???

A friend of mine showed me some cards that pictures HOF'ers that have a yellow and white front....can't tell what company they are from....I"ll try to get a picture posted but for now some of the cards are as follows: #1 is Babe Ruth. #6 shows mantle and mays. #3 is Roberto Clemente, Aaron is pictured on #44 and 45...does anyone know what this set is???

Comments

• Options
    W/O pic ?? Do a completed/current auction and Buy it now search with name and card number on ebay. Should work. Probally a reprint set from the 80/90's, just a guess though.
    Good Luck
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I am trying to get some of the cards so I can scan them. Unfortunately the lady who I work with who has them is on vacation....once I get them I'll scan a few....I realize that will help...thanks for advice on ebay checking. al.
  • Options
    I posted this awhile back and finally got some scans.....can anyone help identify what set these cards are from???? thanks

al.image
  • Options
    Sorry Unable to help you but they also made similar cards but instead of the yellow it is red. I assume some unlicensed product. I had one of Mantle autographed and some "no name" company ghraded it and labeled it as Superstar. If I remember right it was from late 80's ??

Good Luck
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Don't know if this helps but I scanned the back of the cards...if anyone can verify if these were an unlicensed issue it would be great......would save me from trying to get them graded.....thanks al.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the info for these from the Standard Catalog Of Baseball.

1980 Superstar

This collector's issue, probably produced by Card Collectors Closet in Springfield, Mass., included up to five cards each of the most famous former players. The 2-1/2" X 3- 1/2" cards have black-and-white photos on front, with yellow, white and blue graphics. Backs are in black-and-white with career narrative. The set sold originally for $3.50
  • Options
    Thanks Barfvader.......I'll continue to dig and see if any have been graded......al.
  • Options
    I found my picture of the card I used to own. It is the same as yours but replace the yellow with red. It is slabbed by USA and autographed by Mantle. It says 1982 Superstar.

PM your email and I will send pic.

Donovan
    imageimageimage