Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

lite sider needing help id'ing darkside material

First off, I want to thank everyone for their help in identifying these coins and what their approx value would be.

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Belgium, 2 centimes. Nice one, too.

2. Italy, 5 centesimi. The "N" mintmark is Naples.

The bottom two are in English. I believe you speak that language? image

ID'ing them ought to be pretty easy- their inscriptions speak for themselves. All four coins look to be a tiny bit nicer than those particular types are usually found.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Gimme a minute on values. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    1. Belgium, 2 centimes, 1875. Looks Red-Brown AU to me. KM #35.1, copper. 4th Ed. cat. $5.00 XF, $12.00 UNC.

2. Italy, 5 centesimi, 1867-N. VF, I'd say. KM #3.2 or 3.3, copper. My stupid image new 4th Ed. catalog does not say what the difference between the varieties is. Anyway, in VF either one is a $1.50 coin (it's only in XF and up that the values differ).

3. Canada (Nova Scotia), penny token, 1840. I would call it VF as well. KM #4, copper. Cat. price $7.50.

4. Canada (New Brunswick), penny token, 1843. I'd say Fine+, nearly VF. KM #2, copper. Cat. $7.50 Fine, $15.00 VF.

• Options
    Ye Last two appears (d'uh to any darksider) Canadian tokens.

Krausse downstairs now.

Will Look Up.
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    D'oh!
    You beat me to it!
    Just got my Krausse up!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    TitusFlaviusTitusFlavius Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    The difference between KM# 3.2 and 3.3 is just the mint mark, so it's the 3.3.
    "Render therfore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." Matthew 22: 21
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Dang Rob, that was hella quick!! I have about 140 pieces of different coins that I guess would be easier to sell grouped on ebay...Just trying to get a light on them. but all of them are older than 1910. Earliest ones are in the 1810's.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options

<< <i>Dang Rob, that was hella quick!! >>

I was trying to beat tbirde56 to the draw. Succeeded, for once! image

<< <i>The difference between KM# 3.2 and 3.3 is just the mint mark, so it's the 3.3. >>

Then whythehell does Krause list 1867-N under both varieties? image

<< <i>I have about 140 pieces of different coins that I guess would be easier to sell grouped on ebay...Just trying to get a light on them. but all of them are older than 1910. Earliest ones are in the 1810's. >>

If the rest of your hoard is of this quality, you have some nice stuff. Perhaps not anything that will make you super-rich, but some cool stuff nonetheless.

Do let us know if and when you list it.

• Options
    You mean something like this?

or this:

• Options
    Groovy stuff, man. Looks like part of an old collection, rather than your average junkbox finds.

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Those are nice coins and selling them batch style would be a shame. Maybe put a few in our weekend Swap postimage
  • Options
    I will do just that, I will also be imaging a ton more that I have throughout the week..... I had forgotten about all of these untill I went to clean out my house in SJ california for my move and found several boxes that I haven't touched in a very long time!! btw......140 coins is just from the first box....I figure roughly 5 to 700 easily and a lot of them are in the conditions shown above. There are a lot of aluminum coins as well.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see any 18th-19th century Mexicans / Spanish colonials you might have in those boxes image
  • Options
    Will do!

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm told the Belgium is tough to sell, but these coins are really
    underpriced by Krause in nive VF and better. Most examples
    recieved extensive wear and are not often seen nice.
    Tempus fugit.