Home Sports Talk
Options

British Open

This course looks like it's being held at the local county fairgrounds, the only thing missing is fat people walking around eating turkey legs. I mean jeez, can't they water those greens?

Anyway, Tiger's up by 2, wouldn't bet on him folding. (although I would've liked betting the British oddsmakers 25-1 bet that him and Faldo would get into fisticuffs, c'mon, that would never happen).

Comments

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>This course looks like it's being held at the local county fairgrounds, the only thing missing is fat people walking around eating turkey legs. I mean jeez, can't they water those greens?

Anyway, Tiger's up by 2, wouldn't bet on him folding. (although I would've liked betting the British oddsmakers 25-1 bet that him and Faldo would get into fisticuffs, c'mon, that would never happen). >>

British golf course tend to look very drab compared to US courses. I think the lack of trees is also a big factor.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I've played Royal Liverpool before and I can only say that the pros had it as easy as they possibly could have had it this week. Basically zero wind. They don't have a sprinkler system there. It was blowing 30+ miles an hour and it was much lusher/greener when I played it. I found it and Royal Birkdale (minus their rather short Par 5s) to be the hardes British Open courses I've played. St. Andrews being the easiest.

Hats off to Tiger as he won with a precision game. As well, DiMarco was rock solid.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik