Home PSA Set Registry Forum

What is the best tobacco issue?

In your mind what is the best tobacco issue?

Most under/over valued set?

Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Tough to limit it to just one. Assume you mean regular cards and not cabinets
    Best design, IMO is N162 Goodwin Champions. Distant 2nd would be T205's.
    T204 Ramly's are nice, but IMO overrated and overpriced.
    I"m partial to T200's, since they are real photos and more players appear in them (362 I believe) than in any other issue until '52 Topps.

If you include Cabinet cards, Duke's are really nice, but overall you'd have to say T3/T9's. Until PSA started grading them they'd get my vote for most undervalued, but since they have been graded the prices have shot thru the roof. Right now I'd pick N28's, since they are 117years old and still relatively cheap.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    The T202 Hassan triplefolders were always my favorites. I'm a big fan of the Conlon photos. I think the Cobb sliding into third is a classic card.

Another issue I like which may not be where you were intending to go is the Red Man cards of the '50s. The last tobacco cards we will ever see.
  • Recently won this Tiinker - Evers - Chance...however, my favorite based on visual appeal are the T6/T51s, with N162s not far behind.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>but overall you'd have to say T3/T9's >>

GRIFFINS - No argument here! image

• T206 remains king in my book. most recognized, talked about and available. great pre war set to start collecting.

T3 comes 1st in terms of design. fantastic looking cards. because they are so popular, it's gets a little difficult to acquire them given price.

i like the red man tobacco cards for those who want to collect tobacco, but post war.
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I like the T202 set, even though I don't have any. I'm still looking for the Deacon Phillippe. One was on ebay a few weeks ago but was outta my price range.
    I'm also partial to the T205 and T206.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The T200 Premiums are pretty kick ass.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • I'm partial to the T205's and T3/T9's myself! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up