Home PSA Set Registry Forum

what does a low grade PSA '52 Mantle go for?

say in PSA1-4?

I'm kicking around the idea of snagging one of these or possibly a '33 Goudey Ruth or 2....in PSA4 ish

???

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    PSA 4 would go for up to $7 - $8k, depending.

PSA 1s could go for a range of prices, depending on the problem. There are some PSA 1s that look like they have literally been washed in the washing machine, and there are others that might look great on the front, but have some back paper missing.

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • JonBJonB Posts: 495
    I have this one if you are interested...

• The simple answer is "a lot" image

For cards that have good eye-appeal, I'd say

PSA 1: 2000-2500

PSA 2: 3500-4000

PSA 3: 5000-6000

PSA 4: 7500-8500

Note though that these figures aren't based off many sales. The truth is that 5 years ago at any time there were several legit auctions, but now, it's uncommon to see '52 Mantles on ebay, and when they are listed, it's often at a ridiculous starting bid.

In the lower grades, they've almost doubled in the past 5 years. They've tripled in high grades (PSA 8).

mikeschmidt is correct. I've seen the "washing-machine" PSA 1's command $1,500, while a PSA 1 that looks NM, but has a small pinhole might command $4,000+
  • Goose, I absolutely agree with cornholio. He hit everything on the head as far as prices go. In my opinion, you can never go wrong investing in a '52 Mantle, no matter what the grade is.

Dan
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I was looking on ebay and I came across this auction. I've never heard of these, looks kinda cool. Topps is doing a "Willy Wonka" style give away on a nice 52 Topps Mantle.
  • StumpStump Posts: 927
    Jon B

Whats your email address your PM box is locked

DJJ
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • I recently had a 52 Mantle 4 priced to me for $11,000.I think last year the same card was $9000 or $9500
  • unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    Folks - the prices listed above are off for psa 2-4 - here is the common realilty these days

PSA 1: 2000-2500

PSA 2: 5000-7250

PSA 3: 7250-9000

PSA 4: 10G's and up

they have been zooming up over the last year (like most years)
  • cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    And i still kick myself for not picking up an SGC 60 for $6500 about 4 years ago. I had an offer to sell from a dealer in the midwest. Couldnt find the $$...
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • blacklabblacklab Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Cornholio is right on target. Throw out your SMR. Mantle cards are going thru the roof.
  • JonBJonB Posts: 495
    Stump,

Did you get my PM?

Jon
  • StumpStump Posts: 927
    Jon

Didn't get it my email address is djj99@aol.com

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Just about 2 years ago I sold a PSA 6 for around $8000 and a PSA 7 for roughly $12k. The prices have risen considerably since then. I dont think there is any reason to think they wont continue to do so.

My father in law has a PSA 1 MK that I think he is willing to part with if you are interested. It is rough, as one would expect, and has pencil marking lightly on the front, but hey, its still a 52 Mantle. Feel free to message me if you are interersted and we can talk it over.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough