Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does PSA Grade the Louisville Slugger tag cards?

Cant find them in the pop report, wwonder if anyone knows
Looking for additions or upgrades to my Graig Nettles master player set on the registry.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    They have never graded any of the Schmidt Franklin Glove tag cards I have sent in
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike Schmidt, you have always helped when I had a player set question and I appreciate that.

patrick
    Looking for additions or upgrades to my Graig Nettles master player set on the registry.
  • Options
    I was wondering that same thing today. Thanks for the info

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I've never sent any of my Franklin Glove cards in, but I did send in some Louisville Slugger cards:

It's also listed in the pop report, 1988, Louisville Slugger.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't grade Franklin Glove cards. The set is listed in SCD just like the LS cards. Marc - any idea why they wouldn't grade them?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    MorrellMan:

PSA is inconsistent, plain and simple. There are a number of issues that I have had to submit over 5 times before they would grade the issue for the first time.

No clue if/when they will grade my Frankling Glove tags. Possibly sometimes - but it is not like they are consistent with these oddball and esoteric issues.

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    MorrellMan,
    Did you add those to a set registry? I find it annoying that we have these issues with inconsistency. Would it be difficult for PSA to have a webpage listing all existing cards they grade or don't grade and it could be updated when oddball issues come up.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    No, I haven't added them to a registry set; I have a few dozen and I took the nicest ones and sent them in just for the heck of it.

Inconsistency is a bear - I'm waiting for a submission right now that has a couple of cards on it that I've heard others have been unsucessful with. I actually wrote on the submission form the page number in the SCD guide that lists the cards. We'll see.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

<< <i>MorrellMan,
    Did you add those to a set registry? I find it annoying that we have these issues with inconsistency. Would it be difficult for PSA to have a webpage listing all existing cards they grade or don't grade and it could be updated when oddball issues come up.

Red >>

Red: Would it be difficult? No. Would I reasonably expect PSA to implement such a suggestion? No.
  • Options
    I'm sure this is a stupid question but has anyone posed the question to PSA? I mean to me it makes good business sense. Less returned cards, postage, frustrated customers. I would think it would increase revenue by providing a clear list of acceptable cards for submissions. Not guessing or spending unneeded time asking on this board or even just rolling the dice and sending them anyway only to be disappointed when you get your oddball cards returned.

Edited to say: I guess you could just call or email PSA but those anwsers aren't always consistent

Red

>

• Options
    Red:

I've been through this many times with PSA.

I'm now at the point where what is told to me and what PSA does are two different things. So I just send things in and sometimes they grade them, more times than not they don't.

~ms