Home Metal Detecting
Options

Modern Silver and Junks

Greetings-

My co-worker offered his place to hunt in central Iowa which was built in 1857. This house was built after they took down a smaller cabin sitting on the same lot. It turned up nothing but frustration. Found the Wheaties in the pic below. What is missing from the pic is the 1907 IHC and an old gun club member bracelet which I offered to the guy. Also was found a made-in-1907 pocket watch movement.

Back to Wisconsin to the friendly and faithful confine where I found these Rosies. I came to this place in search for that elusive Seated coin because I found a few IHC's in the same area. Well, no Seated, no Barber either and I had to settle for the Rosies.

Thanks for checking and happy hunting!

Comments

• Options
    Pretty cool!....Always like the silver!image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where that much Wheat grows, there's bound to be silver.

No Mercs, eh? Ah, well. You gotta love them silver Roosies, too!

There's probably some Barber silver there if you found an IHC. Good work! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Silver is always nice!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Nice silver!

<< <i>What is missing from the pic is the 1907 IHC and an old gun club member bracelet which I offered to the guy. Also was found a made-in-1907 pocket watch movement. >>

If I know I'm going to get in this situation. I try to remember to take a camera along so I will at least have a picture of the finds.
    Of course I'm the worst guy in the world to try and remember to bring it along. image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks, guys for the comments.

<< <i>Where that much Wheat grows, there's bound to be silver. >>

<< <i>No Mercs, eh? Ah, well. You gotta love them silver Roosies, too! >>

<< <i>There's probably some Barber silver there if you found an IHC. >>

The residents around the spot where I found the Merc's have been kind of "concerned" and I'm just laying low for now but I will be back. The Rosies came from different place. I found 9 IHC's in this area and only that one 1914 Barber quarter was found. It's just too hard to get around because of high weeds and fallen trees. I detect from all directions but so far nothing else turned up yet.

<< <i>If I know I'm going to get in this situation. I try to remember to take a camera along so I will at least have a picture of the finds. >>

Yep, I got the camera now and plan on going back for one last time and hopefully I can find some older goodies.