Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the usual PSA turnaround for a mechanical error?

Just sent in a couple of Perez Steele Great Moments (T3 size) for mechanical error correction.

I'm wondering what other people's experience is with turnaround times on these.

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Mine have come back within a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    mine were 2-3 weeks as well, although I got confirmation on one that it had been corrected the next day.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Thanks.

I'm hoping to get them through before the National. My guess is PSA will get backed up by then.
  • Options
    Tom- I think it's a whole different department. A few years ago there was one guy that dealt with them, Lyle, but I believe he's since left. I don't think they are going to languish on the problem shelf though.
    Make any progress on the set?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I have 4 so far, Mantle Rizzuto, Ford, and Berra. Haven't picked up any more yet. They are great cards.
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    My last ME was received by PSA on 7/3 and shipped on 7/12. 4 cards total. Pretty quick.
  • Options
    4 down, 66 to go Tom! They are really cool cards, and IMO a lot of them are very undervalued. With slabbing of these being hiked up to 50. per I would expect a lot less to me graded.

• Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    I have 6 'mechanical errors' to send back myself and was wodering the same thing! How long?
    I sure hope I don't have to wait 2-4 weeks! I've already had to wait almost 2 months for them to begin with!
    I guess I don't understand how they miss soo many labels... I'm sure most everyone is the same as I, I clearly
    label them properly when I send them in.... oh well. They're screwups are our free fixes, right?

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    yes, except you have to get them there on your dime. Best to wait for a show and drop them off.

• Options

<< <i>4 down, 66 to go Tom! They are really cool cards, and IMO a lot of them are very undervalued. With slabbing of these being hiked up to 50. per I would expect a lot less to me graded. >>

If I get one a month, it doesn't seem like an impossible task. They are very cool. I see big lots in the auction catalogues, it would be a nice way to go if I had the coin.
  • Options
    OK, I've waited over 6 weeks now to get this resolved. I just made my third phone call to PSA. I was told "I'll put a rush on it." Let's see how that works.
  • Options
    Well, just got an email saying my grades are available. I guess rush service works.