Home Sports Talk
Options

Faulk out for the year, maybe for good?

Marshall Faulk is slated for knee surgery (again) and talk is this may be the end of his career. He's out for all of 2006 and may reassess his future after this upcoming season. If this is it for him, it is a real shame as I'm sure he would have liked to go in to the endzone just one more time...
Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)

Comments

• Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    During his prime, Faulk was one of the most dangerous backs ever to play the game

Terrific reciever out of the backfield also

Dave
  • Options
    I am sure he will rehab as long as possible until he is cut to collect his checks.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gone are the days when having Faulk on your fantasy team was such an advantage. First ballot HOF'er, tuff to end your career on those terms.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulk was a true warrior and a first ballot Hall of Famer. For him to have even lasted this long in the league when you consider the punishment he's endured over the years being the focal point of many game plans, is a testament to his guts and his character. To say he's going to milk his rehab just to collect his paychecks reveals a total lack of understanding and knowledge about the kind of player Faulk is and football in general.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ...I've heard he's interested in becoming a broadcaster....I think the ESPN radio guys mentioned it.

Agreed on the 1st ballot HOF.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    If it's the end, we'll miss him! I think he'd be a great broadcaster but I'd love to see him in a front office capacity. He really seems to know the game.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, and the st. louis rams.....wow.....who can forget them.....they should have won 3 superbowls.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, and the st. louis rams.....wow.....who can forget them.....they should have won 3 superbowls. >>

Absolutely - that offense was as fun to watch as any offense I've ever seen. Faulk was a major part of it, whether he was running over or around people, or catching a ton of passes. Reality says that it will be very tough for him to come back in a year, one more year older and not having played in basically 2 years...but I wish him well.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The greatest show on turf
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad it happened to such a quality back. I enjoyed watching him.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The bucs always loved playing the Rams in the late 90's. Pure defense against pure offense. I remember Sapp picking him up and pile
    driving him into the hard turf they have there. That would be one of Sapp's last dominating performances. I always thought the bucs
    99 crew holding the Rams to 9 offensive points one of the greatest defensive performances in the playoffs, but no one remembers second place.

Faulk was never a second place back...see you in the Hall Marshall. Thanks for the memories!

Kevin
  • Options
    Well the torch is being passed 1 yr faster than anyone wanted to the Big Train Steven Jackson...Marshall is a true warrior on and off the field and he will be truly missed by not only this Ram fan , but football fans everywhere...

Greatest Show on Turf would be nothing without #28

First Ballot HOFer for sure,,,but that doesnt do the justice for what this player has accomplished on and more importantly off the field. His charity work in his New Orleans hometown as well as countless events in the StL area have changed the landscape for how players can/should act off the field..Good Luck Marshall- see you on the sidelines soon (As a coach for the Rams I'm sure)

p.s- Kevin- I agree- Those Ram/Buc matchups back in the late 90s/early 2000s were great games!!
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS