Home Metal Detecting
Options

Poll: who sucks more?

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
There is some galaxy-sized black hole-class sucking goin' on this month.

Who sucks the most? image

Millennium, for digging a 1794 US half cent at an old plantation site he'd invited me to tag along to (which I declined, due to exhaustion)...

...or Zot, who found a gold Swedish mourning ring dated 1725??

It's gonna be a tough competition, folks.

One thing's fer sure: we might as well not even have polls in the Best US Coin and Best Jewelry Item categories this month! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Good thing these two finds are not going head to head...

"Oh, it's too hard to choose" got my vote!

• Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to take the ring to the national board of antiquities next week to see what the wise men/women have to say about it.

However, first I'm going to take a zillion pictures of it, from all possible angles - because those places can really suck (items into them, never to be seen again that is)
    If it's of any interest, it will be gone before I can say "pulltab".

-Z
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    LOL..............I had to vote for LM......He has invited me to a couple of places and I went and actually found a large cent at both sites...I can't help but think he would have found somethng at this site...
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    ha!! I had to vote too hard to chose. You're all crazy lol
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Too hard....You all suck.
  • Options
    By the way LM, interesting choice of words in your poll post image

<< <i>(which I declined, due to exhaustion) >>

• Options
    you both suck!.....great finds!.....zot, whats the gold content of that ring? 22k?
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Zot, for finding a gold mourning ring dated 1725
  • Options
    I found the perfect smilie/web-art to describe July's best coin and jewelry entries submitted by Steve and Zot...

• Options

<< <i>zot, whats the gold content of that ring? 22k? >>

Don't know. I'd expect old rings like this to be of high purity, so the 22k may well be right..

I no longer have the ring either - submitted it to the Board of Antiquities today together with the necessary paperwork, maps, etc.
    Their expert on these items was on vacation, so it could take a while before I hear back.
    At least they should provide me with verification of the age, and a value estimate. image
  • Options
    You waste the magic in the holed counterfeit Shilling. ::::sigh::::
    There's nothing in the rule book that says an elephant can't pitch.

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Riccar, that is hysterical!!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You waste the magic in the holed counterfeit Shilling >>

Actually, I have only been out with it that one time, when it got me silvered.

I went out the next day and got skunked, but didn't have the shilling with me.

Next time I go out I will have not only the lucky shilling, but a new machine as well. I did some swapping with goldrush for his Garrett GTI-2500.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.