Home PSA Set Registry Forum

I think my dad chose the PERFECT time to sell his stuff....

most of you know the story of the cards I've been selling since January.

Condensed version....they are my dad's and he bought them all as a boy.

I think it was perfect timing for a few reasons.....

1. The registry and well established and highly regarded
2. Lots of people his age wanting to now build that set that they built as a boy or tried to build as a boy
3. Said people his age generally have the disposable income
4. As far as the cards....on the commons, the pops are still low on many and people pay dearly for low pop cards

I have sold off almost all of his "star" cards and they all have brought nice money. Some higher than SMR and some lower. I have been selling mainly PSA8 and 9 commons for the past couple of months and some of these, depending on pop of course, bring what I would call insane money.

I have sold 59 Fleers and 59-61 Topps and a few PSA's of other years but the '59's are sure HOT compared to the others. The 1960 set seems to have a bit more interest than the 1961 set.

I made a pop1 PSA10 and a pop2 PSA10 on the 1961 set and they sold for nearly 900.00 for the pair. They were "commons".

any opinions?

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    sounds like you are doing well.

congratulations.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • How many total cards have you had graded? How many cards did your dad have that are just not gradable?

You are very lucky to have these treasures sitting 40+ years in the same condition as when purchased.

Thanks,

Glen

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    with our final submission, I believe roughly several hundred.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goose, Did your dad keep some of the cards for himself?
    Was he selling off his doubles? Did he keep a raw set of each?
    Was he sad to see them go? Really none of my business, just
    curious I guess. joe
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    he's not going to keep anything other than the ones that were my grandfather's (his dad's).

I don't believe he cares one way or the other about selling them.
  • I think you guys have done a good job, and your contest a few weeks ago was a very nice gesture.

When I show my dad some of my cards, he'll often say, "yeah I had some of those when I was a kid". My eyes light up in hopes they're still around, but then he'll say, "I put them in my spokes" image
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goose, Wow. I guess he had lost his spark for the cards. I understand losing
    interest in a hobby. Just hasn't happened to me this time around for cards yet.
    I think what keeps me interested is the meesage boards and the people in the hobby.
    I've never met anyone from the 3 boards I belong to, but I regard many of the people
    on the boards as friends. I also enjoy the topics and the scans of cards.
    Joe
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

<< <i>he's not going to keep anything other than the ones that were my grandfather's (his dad's). >>

Are they t206's?
  • I am glad you guys got strong prices for the collection!