Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Check out these beauts!

I just found a "forgotten" box in my folks basement and it was full of good stuff. All 50's and 60's stars but these were by far the best condition.

I'm happy I still have these. I used to have about 100 55 Bowmans as crisp as these and they were the first cards I sold(raw mind you) on eBay when I started selling in 2000. Some guy bought them without pics and paid less than a buck a card for about 30 of them.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    8 for Conerly and 7 for Gif?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>8 for Conerly and 7 for Gif? >>

I don't know about Gif. Is the centering in line for a 7?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭

<< <i>I just found a "forgotten" box in my folks basement and it was full of good stuff. All 50's and 60's stars but these were by far the best condition.

I'm happy I still have these. I used to have about 100 55 Bowmans as crisp as these and they were the first cards I sold(raw mind you) on eBay when I started selling in 2000. Some guy bought them without pics and paid less than a buck a card for about 30 of them. >>

wow, must be cool to still be living with your folks.....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just found a "forgotten" box in my folks basement and it was full of good stuff. All 50's and 60's stars but these were by far the best condition.

I'm happy I still have these. I used to have about 100 55 Bowmans as crisp as these and they were the first cards I sold(raw mind you) on eBay when I started selling in 2000. Some guy bought them without pics and paid less than a buck a card for about 30 of them. >>

wow, must be cool to still be living with your folks..... >>

Ummm, ok. Where in the italicized area does it say that I lived there?

WTF is your problem anyhow?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

wow, must be cool to still be living with your folks..... >>

Why is it that the good die young and you're still here?
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    beautiful color on those, nice find...wish i'd saved mine
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    >>

Ummm, ok. Where is the italicized area does it say that I lived there?

? >>

It doesn't. I just figured you were in the basement sneaking a peak at the Playboy that you stole from your dad when you found the box.
  • Options
    Go smoke dusty pole over at the SGC site and leave us alone.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    southern-

shouldn't you be over on the SGC being a PITA there instead of here?

edit: zef, those cards are beautiful...keep us updated with the results of the sub.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    another wonderful contribution by southerncards..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Does SGC have a forum? Do they have a website? I didn't even know SGC was still grading cards. I will probably never sub to Beckett but I can understand why some people do. But for the life of me -- in the name of all creatures, big and small -- I will never understand why anyone would submit to SGC.

Unless, I'm sorry ... are they grading for free? Ehh ... I'd still have to think about it.
  • Options
    Southerncards- Settle down, your being a spaz.

Zef- those are neat cards. Frank Gifford's head is huge in that picture!
    Tonya
  • Options

<< <i>Does SGC have a forum? Do they have a website? I didn't even know SGC was still grading cards. I will probably never sub to Beckett but I can understand why some people do. But for the life of me -- in the name of all creatures, big and small -- I will never understand why anyone would submit to SGC.

Unless, I'm sorry ... are they grading for free? Ehh ... I'd still have to think about it. >>

Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options

A few more...

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know about Gif. Is the centering in line for a 7? >>

SGC 100
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know about Gif. Is the centering in line for a 7? >>

SGC 100 >>

Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Those old footbal cards are nice. Great scans too Zef.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Dangit Zef ! you have to be the luckiest bastige alive when it comes to finding cool cards !

Sorry PA I had to borrow your word.image

• Options

<< <i>Dangit Zef ! you have to be the luckiest bastige alive when it comes to finding cool cards !

Sorry PA I had to borrow your word.image >>

There is still tons of chit in my parents basement. I thought there was nothing good left but these were in a box that was labled "1984 bb EX+." I was looking to clear some space and put the individual boxes of crap in monster boxes so I could take it to my place and throw them in storage and bam!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I know exactly how it goes; you sort through thousands of cards late one nite as a teen, your back hurts from sitting in the floor, your eyes are blurry from staring at all the little pieces of cardboard. When all of a sudden you turn around and find a half a dozen old football cards laying behind you. Dangit ! you mumble, I thought I put those up an hour ago, So you shove them in the 84 BB box until tommorrow and then they are forgotten, for thirty years or so. until ...............................you are at your parents house one day and your mom nags you for the 27th time to get all those dam cards out of her basement so you go down and start packing them up, while your packing you just cant help yourself, you have to look in a few boxes, and then, Bam ! you have a cardgasm! Fifty year old near mint cards in a box of commons!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does SGC have a forum? Do they have a website? I didn't even know SGC was still grading cards. I will probably never sub to Beckett but I can understand why some people do. But for the life of me -- in the name of all creatures, big and small -- I will never understand why anyone would submit to SGC.

Unless, I'm sorry ... are they grading for free? Ehh ... I'd still have to think about it. >>

Here ya go XN.

I don't know how much activity it gets tho.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Zef

That's cool! You're lucky to have your parents and have a basebent to search thru.

One time around 1992, I went to my mom's basement and found some old junk - I found my brother's cards. I already had what was left of mine.

They were all vg at best! Here's an example:

Whomever took care of those cards was really careful.

Very nice!

I especially like the Giff card.

thanx for sharing
    I'm looking forward to more "things that I found in the basement" thread.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    When my mom moved from my childhood house a last year she nagged me to come over and take what I wanted to keep. I found a plastic tub full of old Transformers and other toys that I quickly sold on ebay for around $600 as a collection.

Lee
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

Dangit! This always happens to someone else and NEVER to me! Except maybe at that show last weekend...
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I'll paypal $20 to take them off your hands image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    My soon to be father-in-law told me that all his cards are in his mom's basement still, and they're mine if she'll ever let me go down there and look for them. He is a very neat and anal-retentive guy and I wouldn't be surprised if they are in good shape.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Ok, $29.99 but that's it image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ive still got a bunch of chit in storage at my folks place, i sometimes just go grab a couple of boxes and bring em back with me and its like getting to open a wax box, because i'll have no idea what kinda cards are in there.. and just like a wax box, sometimes its complete garbage like a bunch of stuck-together 1994 stadium club, or sometimes its a cool box full of vintage/semi-vintage stuff in top loaders, or a chitty box of 1990's non-sports crap.. i found a shoebox with unopened 1987 & 88 topps baseball packs a couple weeks ago.. im gonna open them eventually just for the hell of it..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>Dangit Zef ! you have to be the luckiest bastige alive when it comes to finding cool cards !

Sorry PA I had to borrow your word.image >>

i cant take credit for it, thats the Open Forum rubbing off on me.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    are we related?? image
  • Options

<< <i>ive still got a bunch of chit in storage at my folks place, i sometimes just go grab a couple of boxes and bring em back with me and its like getting to open a wax box, because i'll have no idea what kinda cards are in there.. and just like a wax box, sometimes its complete garbage like a bunch of stuck-together 1994 stadium club, or sometimes its a cool box full of vintage/semi-vintage stuff in top loaders, or a chitty box of 1990's non-sports crap.. i found a shoebox with unopened 1987 & 88 topps baseball packs a couple weeks ago.. im gonna open them eventually just for the hell of it.. >>

Perry
    I still wouldn't chew the gum!

It's always cool to find stuff that you didn't know you had.

My sister called and told my son to let me know that she wanted me to get all my 45s out because she was planning to sell the house.

My son said: "I didn't know my dad had a gun collection."

The times we live in.

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>
    Perry
    I still wouldn't chew the gum!

It's always cool to find stuff that you didn't know you had.

My sister called and told my son to let me know that she wanted me to get all my 45s out because she was planning to sell the house.

My son said: "I didn't know my dad had a gun collection."

The times we live in.

mike >>

so if its not a gun, what the hell is a 45?.. (just kidding).. when i was little my dad had a big jukebox that played 45s, and i thought it was the coolest thing in the world to have a jukebox, one that actually took quarters and stuff and lit up all neon..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    zef, what a find!!!!! good luck at the soon to be father-in-laws house...

everytime someone at work tells me they have some cards in great condition and they are "old"....they show up with a box of 91 fleer basketball or football in a ziploc bag...image

what is the deal with the southerncards guy???? good gracious.

lmmw, i think gifford looks like a younger patrick swayze (pre-ghost) ....wasn't there a thread a while back with "lookalike" pics? i think i need to get my wife hooked into this thread. i'm always telling her about stories on this board. she thinks i'm crazy but laughs most of the times. she did like the idea of the baseball and football pack busts in the upcoming weeks. she's been asking me how it was going. then i told her about the "loss" mentioned in another thread regarding a member i did not know. she asked "so what if something happens to you, who's going to tell the board"...maybe i'll get her on here before long.

zef, very nice cards.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭

<< <i>A few more...

image >>

Quite a career he had before he joined Aerosmith.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    Quite a career he had before he joined Aerosmith.

Its amazing how good plastic surgeons are..
  • Options
    Okay - I live in Southern California; because of this thread I've looked and looked but I give up. What's a basement?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay - I live in Southern California; because of this thread I've looked and looked but I give up. What's a basement? >>

• Options

<< <i>Okay - I live in Southern California; because of this thread I've looked and looked but I give up. What's a basement? >>

that's where your relatives keep an incredible cache of untouched raw cards from the 50's & 60's....if you or your relatives don't have a basement, check the attic image
  • Options

A basement is a floor or several stories of a building that are either completely or partially below the ground floor. Not all buildings have basements. For buildings with basements, the furnace, water heater, car park and air-conditioning system of a house or building are typically located in the basement; so also are amenities such as the electrical distribution system, and cable television distribution point. In British English the word 'basement' is rarely used and the word 'cellar' is used to apply to any such large underground room.

It's like ... hmm ... okay, remember in PULP FICTION when Ving Rhames took it in the rear? That was in the basement. image
  • Options

<< <i>It's like ... hmm ... okay, remember in PULP FICTION when Ving Rhames took it in the rear? That was in the basement. >>

So it's a good thing to not have a basement....?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    Basements are fine. Just don't get tied up and anally violated in them. That's all.

Unless, of course, you're into that kinda thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • Options
    I finally got these graded and the Conerly got an 8 and the Giff a 5. Must have missed a surface wrinkle.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Bednarik filled in as a grader for a day at PSA when somebody called in sick.