Home Stamps Forum
Options

Mr. Sherman, invalid cert #'s,set requests

Mr Sherman,
I have tried to do set requests for several graded stamps I own that do not currently have a category listed. For example certain used Washington Franklins. I have emailed several people including Randy Shoemaker and nothing has ever been solved or corrected although he said he would check into it. When I attempt to put these #'s in I get a response to the effect that,"your certification #'s are not all valid cards." or something very similar to that. I emailed Camille several times with no response whatsoever. WHAT can I do to fix this? I have been trying for about a year and a half.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    If you send me a private message with some specifics, I'll look into the problem. We're all extremely busy with the volume of stuff we've been getting, but there's no excuse for lousy service. I apologize for you having been ignored so far, and will correct it. Promise.
    Michael Sherman
    Director of Numismatics
    PCGS
  • Options
    I will have to check a bunch of #'s again and will try to do this Monday.
  • Options
    Mr Sherman,
    I tried the following cert numbers on the registry to confirm that they are still not accepted. The response I get is ," The cert # ________ cannot be found in our list of valid certified cards" At the bottom of the list it says, " Not all of your certificates are valid PSE certified stamps."
    For a set request of the 1912-14, perf 12, 8c thru 50c , Sc 414 to 421, in USED condition, I have tried the following #'s in different combinations:
    01008215 #414 XF-90
    01008216 #417 XF-90
    01008217 #418 XF-90J
    01008218 #419 XF-95
    01028905 #417 XF-95
    For a mint nh presidential line pair set I have tried the following #'s:
    01008086 #842 95
    01008137 #840 98
    01008087 #843 90
    01008089 #846 98
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Mr Sherman,
    I wasn't sure how to send a private message so i listed the stamps that I had a problem with.
    Thanks,
    Eldon Grant
  • Options
    Eldon,

The reason you have had difficulty adding these stamps to the Set Registry is that we have not yet established the 414-423 set or the Presidential Coils on the Registry.

The good news is that all the cert #'s appear valid, and once we add these sets, you should have no trouble posting your stamps.

The next couple of weeks are very busy for our staff – we have the National Sportscard Convention this week, and the American Numismatic Association Convention and the APS convention in early August. I will try and have these sets added by September.

Thanks for your patience.

Mike

Michael Sherman
    Director of Numismatics
    PCGS
  • Options
    Thanks Mike, will be nice to put these on once the categories are added.
  • Options
    We have added new sets to the registry, and you might check now to see if you can enter the sets.
    Michael Sherman
    Director of Numismatics
    PCGS
  • Options
    Scott Nos. 414-421 may now be added in Used condtion.

Michael Sherman
    Director of Numismatics
    PCGS
  • Options
    THANKS MIKE!