image CarlWohlforth image

image FC57Coins image

image kieferscoins image

image newbiecollector image

image Phut image

image Puff image

image SilverEagles92 image

image tbirde56 image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    please provide high resolution photographs of all coins, ideally each in a separate thread image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I will copy and paste from my not-yet-fully-updated Box of 20 thread. The pix you see here show the most recent incarnations, but some of the individual coin threads in the hyperlinks may be outdated (some coins have been slabbed or changed holders since the original threads were posted).

I will leave aside the "nos" (the stuff I want to keep for now). That leaves the "maybes" (stuff I might swap) and the "yeses" (stuff I will swap).

Counting the stuff I have to go off in my next PCGS submission, I believe I have 22 coins for my Box of 20. So ideally I would swap one or two of the ones below and keep the rest. But let's see what is of interest.

As to the balance of the deal for your Golden Geese, I'd have to wait until Friday after next when I get paid to cover that. I'd love to get at least halfway with swapstock, though, as mentioned. We'll see. image

England: silver Short Cross penny of King John (1199-1216), struck in the name of Henry II, ca. 1205-1207

Maybe- my cost= $345.00 (However, Michael Swoveland, aka "Aethelred", expressed an interest in the coin a while back and gets first refusal on it if it does end up for swap.)

Italy (Venice): silver grosso of Antonio Venier, ca. 1382-1400

Yes- my cost= $173.08 (Neat medieval coin. Has some purplish toning which doesn't entirely come out in the TrueView. The TrueView this picture is based on is more accurate, but the earlier picture does show some of that purplish toning a bit better (perhaps because that image is a bit overexposed).

Great Britain, silver "South Sea Company" shilling of George I, 1723

Maybe- my cost= $501.00 (Not one I'm in any hurry to part with, but I'll put it in the "maybe" category anyway. This used to be in an NGC MS64 holder but I cracked it and sent it to PCGS, mostly for the sake of TrueViews, since the older images of it weren't great.)

USA: copper Draped Bust large cent, 1803 (small date, large fraction)

Yes- my cost= $336.65 (This coin is on the Liteside BST right now. I have a pending enquiry on it and am watiting for a response. If I sell it, I'm halfway to your Golden Geese. If I don't, it might make a nice coin for your 7070 set. The person who enquired asked if the surfaces or nice, or grainy. They are nice, but look grainy in these less-than-ideal pictures. This coin trends $540.00 in VF20, per Numismedia.)

USA (Syracuse, NY): brass merchant token, A.C. Yates Clothing Emporium, ca. 1850s

Yes- my cost= $125.00 (A very neat old token, but I'm gradually replacing all the <$150 items from the box, so it's available for swap. Also have two vintage advertising cards from the same company... somewhere... but I've misplaced them. When found, they go with the token.)

German States (Hesse-Darmstadt): silver kreuzer, 1866

Yes- my cost= $106. (Back in October, SeattleSlammer offered me $160.00 for this coin and I accepted, but then he won some big lot and was tight on money, so I let him back out. He said, "My opinion is that you should ask for at least 200+ if you flip it...I really think it's worth more than 160." At the time, Krause UNC price was only $45.00, but hey, this is an MS67 pop 2, so likely tied for finest known. Let's call it $160.00 trade value if you're interested in it. This is one of those rare instances where NGC's slab photo is actually better than the big photos I have of the coin. It's a small coin, but very frosty and prooflike.)

Japan (Meiji Era): gold Nibu-Kin (2 bu), ca. 1868-1869

Maybe- my cost= $134.00. (Knowing you with the Japanese gold, you probably already some of these anyway? I'm in no rush to swap this, though it's <$150-ish. I think I would like to call it $165.00 in trade value, which perhaps overvalues it a bit, but I think it's cool and I think I recall seeing a few PCGS slabbed examples- without Trueviews like I have for this one- sell in that ballpark on eBay.)

German States (Saxony) silver 3 mark proof, Battle of Leipzig centennial commemorative, 1913-E

Maybe- my cost= $201.50 (I offered this once briefly on BST with no offers, back when I needed some money. Despite that, I'm not in any hurry to part with it. But it's a "maybe".)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    I am now commencing to ignore. Thank you for your time.