Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Coindexter's Inaugural Coin Tag (7/17/2006)

Okay folks, it's tag time! Here are the official rules for this tag:

THE RULES

1) All contact info shared between all members of the tag.
2) Once a tag begins, no one may be added to the list.
3) A detailed list of items contained in the box will be both kept by the sender and included in the box. The receiver will mark off the coins they take and add their additions to the list. They will also make a copy of the altered list for their records.
4) All box transactions will be posted to a tag thread which will be started by the person that initiates the tag. For example, if I remove an UNC 1885O Morgan from the box and added an UNC 1896 Morgan I would post something like: "Removed UNC 1885O $1 and replaced it with UNC 1896 $1." This way everybody can track what's going on with the tag and knows exactly what to expect when the box gets to them.
5) No person may keep the tag box more than 5 business days to insure timely completion of the tag.

THE PARTICIPANTS (in order that the package will be shipped)

Claychaser

Cullenbryant

Mojoman

Coindexter

PMs with everyone's contact info will be sent by 9:30 PM tonight.

The package will be shipped to Claychaser on 7/17/2006 insured with delivery confirmation and will contain the following:

3 BU (choice, not gem) 1960D 50c
1 1979 T2 1c (I'd call it PR64)
1 1950D 5c ANACS MS65 (old holder)
1 HE Harris Lense containing a 2005 PD pair of Ocean in View nickels autographed by Joe Fitzgerald, the designer.
1 1903O 10c Good
1 1904 10c AG
1 1911 10c Good
1 1913 10c Good
2 1922 Peace 1$ Select UNC (MS60)
1 1926S Peace 1$ Select UNC (MS60)
1 2005 ASE PCGS MS69FS
1 2005S SAC$1 PCGS PR69DCAM
1 1961 1c Gem+ Proof

Remember, all transactions from the box must be posted to this thread. Also, please post when you receive the package and when you ship it. This should be a lot of fun!

Comments

• Options
    PMs sent.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Coindexter - Feel free to toss in dateless bufalo nickels , damaged no cents V nickels and and junk shield nickels for my countertop!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    This is gonna be fun
  • Options
    OK Claychaser, the package is on its way. I already screwed up the rules, though. I forgot to put the list inside. Please do me a favor and write one up for the next guy. Delivery confirmation number for the package is: 03060320000444410283.
  • Options
    Got the package today!

I'll look at the coins, and ship it on Tuesday.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    cool
  • Options
    OK Cullenbryant - box comin' to ya' - will ship Tuesday!

3 BU (choice, not gem) 1960D 50c CLAYCHASER TOOK 2 OF THE 3: 1 LEFT
    1 HE Harris Lense containing a 2005 PD pair of Ocean in View nickels autographed by Joe Fitzgerald, the designer.
    1 1903O 10c Good CLAYCHASER TOOK THIS COIN
    1 1904 10c AG
    1 1911 10c Good CLAYCHASER TOOK THIS COIN - IT'S ACTUALLY A 1914 - NO DIFFERENCE IN VALUE
    1 1913 10c Good
    1 2005 ASE PCGS MS69FS
    1 1961 1c Gem+ Proof

Claychaser added these coins

1 bank wrapped roll 1999-D CT quarters
    1 circulated 1902 V Nickel

• Options
    A nice lot of coinsimage this is going to work, if you need any help with anything,Let me know. Back from a much needed vaction. all rested up image,MoJo

Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>OK Cullenbryant - box comin' to ya' - will ship Tuesday! >>

i'll be ready and i've got some good ole types to throw in when it leaves my place. image
  • Options
    Sweet. I hope some of the type stuff is still there when the box comes home.image
  • Options
    The box was shipped to Cullenbryant today.

Insured VG 337 657 102 US

• Options
    OK, claychaser.. i got the tag coins today.
    decision time for me. I already see one I NEED and a couple I WANT.
    I'll have them back out Monday on the way to MojoMan
    will make another post when i get the confirmation numbers.
  • Options
    This shouldn't effect the tag at all, but just in case I wanted to tell everybody that I'm leaving for Cleveland tonight and won't be back until Friday night. I don't think the box will get to me by then, but better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    Hi,They will be on the way to you after they come to me ,so I think you are safe, so far so GOODimage I THINK THIS WAS A GREAT IDEA ,Glad someone thought of itimage ,Another tag is also going on now , lets make it 2 for 2 great tagsimage MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Wow there are some nice coins in this box. The Peace dollars are high grade. I settled on the barber dime. I needed one for my dansco still and the 1913 fit in nicely. My daughter picked out the Franklin for her collection and I also took the silver eagle first strike.
    Lots of good stuff in there and i threw in some more.

3 BU (choice, not gem) 1960D 50c CLAYCHASER TOOK 2 OF THE 3: 1 LEFT, CULLENBRYANT TOOK OTHER ONE
    1 1904 10c AG
    1 1911 10c Good CLAYCHASER TOOK THIS COIN - IT'S ACTUALLY A 1914 - NO DIFFERENCE IN VALUE
    1 1913 10c Good CULLENBRYANT TOOK
    1 2005 ASE PCGS MS69FS CULLENBRYANT TOOK
    1 1961 1c Gem+ Proof

I (Cullenbryant) added the following:
    1960 Washington quarter, BU, slight rim toning image
    1872 III cent nickel original VG
    1955d Lincoln Wheat, BU
    1906 Barber Half, original VG
    1903 Indian Cent G/VG
    1926 Standing Liberty Quarter AG/G

I'll have this on the way to you Mojoman today and will edit the post with the confirmation numbers sometime this evening.
    Right now the wife has got Lasagna coming out of the oven...........then to the post office.
  • Options
    that was a good lunch. ok, here's the conf #'s: 0306 1070 0002 7901 3906
    priority insured. should be there nlt friday.
  • Options
    Package arrived but it is to image HOT to go thru I will do it later when it cools off. MoJoimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    ttt
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    ok it has cooled off with a little help from the storm
    here is what was in the list and box
    3 BU (choice, not gem) 1960D 50c CLAYCHASER TOOK 2 OF THE 3: 1 LEFT, CULLENBRYANT TOOK OTHER ONE
    1 1904 10c AG
    1 1913 10c Good CULLENBRYANT TOOK
    1 2005 ASE PCGS MS69FS CULLENBRYANT TOOK

1 2005S SAC$1 PCGS PR69DCAM>MOJO TOOK
    1 1961 1c Gem+ Proof

I (Cullenbryant) added the following:
    1960 Washington quarter, BU, slight rim toning
    1872 III cent nickel original VG>MOJO TOOK
    1955d Lincoln Wheat, BU
    1906 Barber Half, original VG>MOJO TOOK
    1903 Indian Cent G/VG
    1926 Standing Liberty Quarter AG/G

MOJO ADDED THESE ITEMS
    1- 1973s PR68DCAM IKE DOLLAR
    1-1982d WASHINGTON COMMEMORATIVE HALF W/BOX & COA *SILVER*
    1- RAW 2003,04,05 PRDCAM LINCOLN MEMORIAL CENTS
    1- 1971 P&D MINT SET
    1-RAW 1963 FRANKLIN HALF DOLLAR MS

PACKAGE Mailed Thursday Priority mail , DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER is 0305 1720 0001 8369 3507
    www.usps for tracking info. also ins added :&gtimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Looks like I got home just in time. I'll be headed to the post office in the morning!
  • Options
    TAG COMPLETED! This went very well and I am highly pleased with the results!

For those following this thread that were not involved in the tag, Claychaser, Cullenbryant and Mojoman are all stand up guys that kept the rules and the timeframe in line and provided good value to the exchange. I highly recommend them for future tags and swaps based off of this transaction. Good job guys!

For my part, I am especially pleased with the UNC silver I got (1963 50c, 1960 25c), the 1926 SLQ and the 1973s PCGS PR68DCAM Ike (I needed one for the Dansco and this fits the bill perfectly).

I'm suprised that nobody snagged one of those Peace bucks as I thought they were my best contributions to the tag, but different strokes for different folks as they say.

Overall this was a great tag and a ton of fun. I'm glad to be a part of a community that can orchestrate something like this. I'll be happy to participate in another tag in the future (when I get some more tag worthy items).
  • Options

<< <i>Overall this was a great tag and a ton of fun >>

Agreed, and i hope we can get another one going soon. Thanks Coindexter for getting this first one going.