Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fletcher, Remove Darin's Negative Feedback & I'll Paypal you $50.00

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's the right thing to do and you can make a little side cash as a bonus.

Come on. The heat of the moment is over. Do the right thing. Go through SquareTrade (or whatever method you choose), remove the negative feedback you gave Darin and I'll instantly reward you with a $50. Paypal payment. No other strings.

What say you? Done deal?

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    This is bribery.image
  • Options
    Absolutely it is.
    Darin's a good guy and I bet he'd do the same for me.

peacockcoins

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    I seriously doubt Fletcher would take the $50.00 but I would not be suprised if the neg was removed. jmo. jws
  • Options
    If I buy a coin from Darin will you flip $10 not to neg him? image
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I'll chip in a couple bucks, but I'm mailing it. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Me thinks Cowbell is hiding out hopin this blows away.

If he doesn't remove it, I am curious to hear his explanation as to why he thinks it is justified, given how the story has come out.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options

<< <i>Me thinks Cowbell is hiding out hopin this blows away. If he doesn't remove it, I am curious to hear his explanation as to why he thinks it is justified, given how the story has come out. >>

I sent him a PM seconds after posting this thread (his light was on) to let him know my intentions were sincere, stating he's a good guy. Darin's a good guy. Let's "right a wrong".

I haven't heard back yet...

peacockcoins

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone point me to the original source of this drama?
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    D,s a top of the line guy,, strait and sincereimage
    toner loner
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found it!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Me thinks Cowbell is hiding out hopin this blows away. If he doesn't remove it, I am curious to hear his explanation as to why he thinks it is justified, given how the story has come out. >>

I sent him a PM seconds after posting this thread (his light was on) to let him know my intentions were sincere, stating he's a good guy. Darin's a good guy. Let's "right a wrong".

I haven't heard back yet... >>

Perhaps it would have been wiser to have made your gesture through PM only.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I haven't heard back yet... >>

Perhaps it would have been wiser to have made your gesture through PM only.

Leo >>

Why?
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    Just so that I don't have to respond to everyone individually, here are my thoughts ...

From Braddick:

My Thread/Offer I just posted is serious.

Sometimes we get wrapped up in the moment and allow our emotions to get the best of us.

You're a good guy. Darin's a good guy.

Let's right a wrong!

-Pat

From me:

You may be correct ... Darin may be a good guy. However, I still think that I did the right thing. As far as the negative feedback, Darin hasn't sent me a single email since his last refusal to issue a refund. If he had have emailed me and said "Listen, I'm sorry the deal got botched. I know that you deal with a lot of big dealers on the board and I trust that you will do the right thing if the coin ever does show up." Then, I would be a customer of his for life ... I am very loyal once I am treated right ... and that means pretty good money to the dealers that I do business with. However, he did not. He even refused to issue a refund after I filed a Paypal dispute ... full well knowing that he would lose the dispute. And, when I did finally post negative feedback, which I waited to do until a few days ago ... he could have emailed me and apologized for the huge drama event that this has become and offered to make it right. I wouldn't have needed to receive anything from him, the offer alone would have been enough. But instead he calls me a liar and a thief ... and it doesn't help that most of his supporters resort to personal insults and make up facts to spin the story. But their actions did not make me post a negative. One thing did ... he still has put forth no effort to try to make this right with me. That is all that it would take ... just a little effort. I am actually quite easy to please.

From Braddick:

I wish I could have read your side of things earlier, or, at least, the way you stated it in this PM. I see where you're coming from.

There are two sides to every story.

You should copy/paste that PM to the thread (you have my permission to do so).

There are many, like me, who understand this matter to have been caused due to hot heads and you acting emotionally vs level headed.

Sincerely,
    Pat
  • Options

<< <i>But instead he calls me a liar and a thief ... >>

He must of done that via PM, because he never said anything even remotely like that in his public statements.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Just what I expected, more BS.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Flether---YOU just don't get it. The Post Office screwed up. Not you. Not Darin. Grow up and follow Government procedures for refunds!!!image
    morgannut2
  • Options

<< <i>He must of done that via PM, because he never said anything even remotely like that in his public statements. >>

Reread the thread ... he wrote it in CAPS. I am done wasting my time with this issue ... it is over image
  • Options
    will this thread make 100 before midnight?
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    The subject that will never, ever die.

Fletcher felt justified in leaving that negative, my opinion, your opinion, anyone's opinion on it expressed in any of the half dozen threads on this hasn't changed anything.

Money won't motivate him anymore than anything else already tried. The damage to Darin in the form of the negative has been done, the damage to Fletcher in the thread comments has been done, right or wrong, the trial by forum discussion and opinion continues.
    "To know the road ahead, ask those coming back"
  • Options

<< <i>will this thread make 100 before midnight? >>

Only it Laura jumps in.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Cool, another thread about Fletcher and Darin.
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Where's Dale Carnegie when you need him. image

edit to fix some spelling image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Fletcher is right, Darin did call him a liar but I think Fletcher is wrong in his motive's for keeping that neg in place. He received his money back, by force, but he got it back. To leave a neg that states the buyer didn't refund his money, even though technically correct, is very misleading to the typical Ebay buyer who will walk away thinking Fletcher didn't get anything back when in fact he did.

And to demand, in so many words or less, an apology is just plain blackmail! JMO

Now can we move on to the Gold Buf.....whoops! That was a slip!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From me:

You may be correct ... Darin may be a good guy. However, I still think that I did the right thing. As far as the negative feedback, Darin hasn't sent me a single email since his last refusal to issue a refund. If he had have emailed me and said "Listen, I'm sorry the deal got botched. I know that you deal with a lot of big dealers on the board and I trust that you will do the right thing if the coin ever does show up." Then, I would be a customer of his for life ... I am very loyal once I am treated right ... and that means pretty good money to the dealers that I do business with. However, he did not. He even refused to issue a refund after I filed a Paypal dispute ... full well knowing that he would lose the dispute. And, when I did finally post negative feedback, which I waited to do until a few days ago ... he could have emailed me and apologized for the huge drama event that this has become and offered to make it right. I wouldn't have needed to receive anything from him, the offer alone would have been enough. But instead he calls me a liar and a thief ... and it doesn't help that most of his supporters resort to personal insults and make up facts to spin the story. But their actions did not make me post a negative. One thing did ... he still has put forth no effort to try to make this right with me. That is all that it would take ... just a little effort. I am actually quite easy to please. >>

Fletcher is consistant with his replys on this issue. If nothing else I like the consistency.

I'm great at killing threads. Let this go....image

Ken
  • Options
    image the thread count up! Not my business=no comment! So many want to stick their nose in others business. I am sure many will vouch for the both of these fellas in regards that they are stand up people however one fact remains, it's their business and I certainly respect that! Let's pump up the thread count!~~~~~~~~~~
    Charter member of CA, Coinaholics Anonymous-6/7/2003
    Kewpie Doll award-10/29/2007
    Successful BST transactions with Coinboy and Wondercoin.
  • Options

<< <i>image the thread count up! Not my business=no comment! So many want to stick their nose in others business. I am sure many will vouch for the both of these fellas in regards that they are stand up people however one fact remains, it's their business and I certainly respect that! Let's pump up the thread count!~~~~~~~~~~ >>

• Options
    Fletcher you're done with this? Why? Under the Uniform Commercial Code, the seller's obligation is to send the item via usual means of Postal Commerce/ insured.
    The sale is consumated at that date. Seller has written proof of delivery to the Post Office, took full insurance and has notified the Postal Serive of apparent non-delivery.
    It is the recievers resposibilty to file supporting documentation of non-reciept, so that the criminal jerk that stole the parsel may be apprehended. After the coin is determined Lost or stolen and 30 days pass, a full refund should be made to the parties damaged by the non-preformance by the Post Office. It is very important these procedures be followed, in cases of mail fraud by Postal agents.--

Flether's thinking is settled law shown elsewher---if he send his rent/mortgage check in registered mail, the law says the second it was in the Postal System
    you have CONSUMATED all your civil obligations.... ie. Fletcher's rent was paid the second it was in the hands of the Post Office. The Post office must
    find the check not you, and they are responible, not you, not your landloard. All you both have to do is document the loss, and get repayment, or the lost check/or
    a letter saying it was lost. You DO NOT HAVE to pay the landlord twice in advance of the situation being resolved. Any small claims court will wave any penelties for late fees.

The only thing Flether is right about is Fletcher seems to fell disrespected by his honest belief he should have gotten a fast refund---True, in fact many dealers would do this!!
    But, that's a good reason to not buy anymore Darin coins--but not a reason to NEG anyone. Neg the Post Office's sorry screw-up. Write the Post Office for an Appology--not the dealer.

Both parties should apologise to each other in my opinion---one feels disrespected as a major collector, the other feels he was only following Government laws to the letter. There should have been a middle ground.
    morgannut2
  • Options
    Well said Morgannut.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>

<< <i>He must of done that via PM, because he never said anything even remotely like that in his public statements. >>

Reread the thread ... he wrote it in CAPS. I am done wasting my time with this issue ... it is over image >>

Does that mean you're leaving again?

You should be able to remove feedback for free now
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

<< <i>Fletcher is right, Darin did call him a liar >>

Only in reference to his feedback that stated Darin did not refund his money. Now, where did he call him a thief as fletcher claims?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Even if both agree to mutual withdrawl, the comments will still remain, only the red dot gets removed.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braddick, offer him $500!! image
  • Options
    And, FWIW, I wouldnt refund immediatly either.

I wouldn't respond to a paypal dispute, until just prior to the 10 day. A lot of times the lost package shows up before then, having an extra 9 days can only help the seller. If a buyer files, I let it play itself out. The reason a buyer files in the first place is to let a paypal rep decide whats fair.
  • Options

<< <i>The reason a buyer files in the first place is to let a paypal rep decide whats fair. >>

• Options
    You guys seem to think Fletcher has established his profession (the oldest) and it's only a question of price.

image--

I doubt insulting either parties rightously held rigid beliefs is remotely accurate--or productive

There are plenty of dealers/collector bargin hunters to insult a tomorrows Balitmore coin show--

Ans some lovelies at the Marriot bar more open to your offers!
    morgannut2
  • Options

<< <i>Well said Morgannut. >>

Morgan-Nut is wrong.
  • Options
    Stop thinking, it hurts the team !
  • Options
    This is how pissed off I am. I want to find the person who stole the coin out of the postal system to begin with that started this whole thing. He/she needs to be brought to my ranch and tied down on top of a fire ant mound. I don't hold Fletcher responsible for a lot of this. Substitute Flether's name with someone else on the boards here that had never bought from Darin and we might be on a totally different person's case with the exact same scenario. I do have respect for Fletcher for standing his ground. Does anyone want anything else from Fletcher if Fletcher believes he is right?

Darin is honest. No doubt about that fact. And it is a fact with no way anybody will convince me different.

Death by fireant bites to the person who stole and started the whole damn mess!

Jerry

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Death by fireant bites to the person who stole and started the whole damn mess!

Jerry >>

What a way to go.......................
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

Morgan-Nut is wrong. >>

--

Why am I wrong trying to see both sides and get both parties reputions in good stead?
    (True, my legal generalities are just that--from a beginner coarse in NE Haven on contract business law--if that's you're meaning)
    morgannut2
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Morgan-Nut is wrong. >>

--

Why am I wrong trying to see both sides and get both parties reputions in good stead?
    (True, my legal generalities are just that--from a beginner coarse in NE Haven on contract business law--if that's you're meaning) >>

Because Fletcher is a stubborn, childish fool who can never admit he is wrong, and thinks people should kow-tow to him becuase he has a fat wallet.

Darin was willing to give the refund once he was able to file the claim with the Post Office (he was not going to make Fletcher wait until the PO reimbursed him). It was unreasonable to expect him to make a refund to someone he does not know until the claim was filed. Approximately 90% of the board agreed with this point of view. The other 10%, including you, got bamboozled by Fletchers spin.
  • Options

<< <i>It was unreasonable to expect him to make a refund to someone he does not know until the claim was filed. >>

Particularly, someone with limited and lousy eBay feedback.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize in advance for this question but...

Can you withdraw or change feedback on ebay once it has been left?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I apologize in advance for this question but...

Can you withdraw or change feedback on ebay once it has been left? >>

Generally, you can "agree" with the other party to remove the effect on your feedback rating, but the comments remain. Also, you can followup to your original feedback, but you can't "delete" it.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks Ziggy...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a soap opera this has turned into image Get on with whatever you were doing before all this BS started. Bury the Hatchet.
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
  • Options
    This whole situation SUCKS. I say let Fletcher and Darin work out any differences that remain without any of us sticking our noses in it. And if that never occurs then time will have to heal what it can and the rest needs to be thrown in the trash can where it belongs.

Fletcher and Darin, I am really sorry that this has occured between you two. I really am.

Jerry
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll chip in $10 as well.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546

<< <i>Because Fletcher is a stubborn, childish fool who can never admit he is wrong, and thinks people should kow-tow to him becuase he has a fat wallet >>

You are so effen right!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file