Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

MY COMPLETE PROOF LINCOLN CENT (1909-2006) SET REGISTRY

I realize that in this thread I'm just tooting my own horn, but honestly, I am very proud to now own a complete 82 coin PCGS Set Registry of proof Lincoln Cents (1909-2006). This set was aquired by me over the past 23 years. The coins represent a nice example of each date and variety consistant with reasonable cost.

I am happy to share comments and a picture of each coin as well as my commentary about the minting of these coins through the years.

To those of you who collect the proof version of the Lincoln Cent series, I encourage you to strive to get them all. It will not be easy, but the satisfaction of completion is well worth the time and effort.

Please click below to see my Set Registry. Thanks.

Steveimage

Comments

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This set was aquired by me over the past 23 years. >>

You have a VERY nice set of lincolns, so much that I'm commenting on them. As you may as well know I collect Roosevelts and other Dimes and really do not have a fancy for Lincolns. You certainly deserve your "dues" image Your Lincoln proof set is up-gradeable of course, but is really a Brilliant collection and shows obviously YEARS of hard work and dedication, which in my mind is truly magnificant to say the least.

You should not feel an Oz. of guilt for tooting your own horn!

Congrats!!!

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • A tip of the hat and my compliments for going the extra mile to have your set with images and commentary on every coin. Congrats - Job Well Done ! image
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Steve! image
    Doug
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    A great set and quite an accomplishment. Congrats...Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • NICE !
  • drddmdrddm Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Set, CONGRATS!!!

I have viewed your set many times and thank you for the images. I'm always like image when I find a set
    with all the matte proofs plus the 1990 no S. Congratulations !

RegistryNut image
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great set and collector I might add.image

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sj- Lots of time and patience there. Beauty!
  • HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very nice set of Proof Lincoln Cents, some with very low populations. You should pat yourself on the back for for a job well done. A fine accomplishment Steve image
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Steve, that is a wonderful achievement! Congratulations!

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just VERY neat, Steve!

(And if you can't toot your own horn about your Registry set HERE, where can you toot it??) image

• Nicely done. I think it is important to note the time that it took you to create your set. It shows dedication. Too many of the sets today are put together quickly and then sold off.

Nice job.

Jack

• DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nicely done. I think it is important to note the time that it took you to create your set. It shows dedication. Too many of the sets today are put together quickly and then sold off.

Nice job.

Jack >>

Amen brother, it is nice to see a set made from love of the hobby rather than a quick (3-5 year) profit center.
    Doug