Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

POLL: Should the U.S. Mint sell bags and rolls of Roosies?

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am tired of not finding decent Roosies. I for 1 would like to see the United States Mint sell bags and rolls of new Roosevelt dimes.

Would anyone else like to see this happen?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    No, never be able to get them at face value again image
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    22 votes and 2 replies...image

Everyone likes to vote with no comment!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes.

In the old days you could go to just about any bank and they give you all the new
    coin you wanted. Now, they refuse to even issue lawful money (like sacs) at all. Get-
    ting rolls of new coin is more trouble than most banks want to go to. Not providing
    these coins to collectors is supressing the modern coin market.

With the myriad ways these markets have been held down by the mint, the FED, price
    guide publishers, editorial policy, banks, the ANA (et al), and the third party graders ov-
    er the years it's a wonder these markets exist at all. The mint is the very last one.

It would be more advantageous to all involved parties to get the banks to distribute
    coins as they are produced by the mint AND demanded by the public, but this seems
    pretty unlikely.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I agree with cladking, its almost like a conspiracy exists to keep rolls of all denom coins from average Joe.
    edited to add:
    And while we are on this subject.
    After selling gold and silver coins to said average Joe, did they decide NOT to sell the new 24K gold coins stright to us?
    No, you need to go through a dealer and pay a little mark up Joe.
    Dan
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes. Heck my local dealer wants $7.75 for rolls of 06 Roosies so I'd assume the Mint would be comparable or cheaper. At least if the Mint sold 'em I'd assume they were unsearched and I'd have a chance at finding gems. I guess the dimes get no respect from the Mint!! Those little buggers are very tough on the eyes to search but I enjoy the challenge!

• << <i>22 votes and 2 replies...image

Everyone likes to vote with no comment!

Later, Paul. >>

Typically yes...Since no one has commented I will.

I would love to see them in rolls, as I collect many things in rolls. So count me in!