Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Roosie Question From A Lincoln Collector.

I don't collect Roosevelt dimes, so I don't own a Roosie registry set nor do I possess any knowledge regarding this coin. However, this Forum produces many Roosie threads that the registry set owners do
respond to. I could use some advice and/or information regarding a Roosie item I've owned for over 45
years. When I was a paperboy in 1960, a customer paid me with a roll of dimes, which I saved. I finally
opened this roll last week. It's a bu roll of 1951D Roosevelt dimes. The coins are lusterous and have lots
of eye appeal. I wanted to know if this is a fairly common item or a nice find. I'm thinking maybe I could
sell the roll, sell the coins individually, or maybe submit a few. Ya see, I'd rather have some more Lincolns.
Shameful, I know! image Without seeing the coins, does anyone have any thoughts? I tried The Coin Forum,
but didn't get any replies. image

RegistryNut image

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In those days the FED didn't rotate their coin stocks so it was not unusual
    to get old BU rolls going into the banks.

The '51-D roll is early enough that they are not extremely common but was
    made in large numbers and they were accessible and saved by many. Today
    these wholesale at only about $80 per roll and you'll probably find it difficult
    to get much more.

There are a couple RPM's with one being extremely common. Good strikes
    are common. Unless there are some very nice gems they probably aren't worth
    the cost of slabbing.
    Tempus fugit.
  • rabbitracksrabbitracks Posts: 538 ✭✭
    Michael, The POP report has a lot of MS-66 (332)MS-67(49)MS-68(1)
    FB MS-66 (172) MS-67 (36) MS-68 (2)
    So if you get some that absolutely take your breath away with Lustre and Strike
    Go for it in the higher grades I think they'd be worth sending in for grading.
    Just my thoughts. I've got a few that are nice toners graded but the nice GEMS
    are in my Dansco Album. They're a great coin but don't have the following that
    the Lincoln Cent series have. I'm with you on that end. Lincolns Definitely are
    HOT at the Shows and will command much more interest when selling. image

Mike

My Latest Toned Roosie: Mr Bluebeard image

Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl
  • Thanks for the replies. I'll just hold on to them or maybe I can submit an ms67 or two.

RegistryNut image